Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Vibration - bent motor shaft

doug01n

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I had some little crashes and have detected some vibration on my Tello when flying. The noise is a little bit increased, but still stable. One of the motor shafts has a bent, and is rotating off axis now.

Do you have any suggestions on how to correct it? I know changing the motors would be the best way, but I don't have a spear set of motors right now.

Thanks!
Doug

I fixed mine with a good pair of pliers
Noise was decreased but now the shaft has scars in it

After a hard crash, one of the motor was not starting anymore. Checking it more closely, I found out that the shaft was heavily bent.

I managed to fix it with a pair of pliers, and the drone was flying again. But hovering and flying in general, was not that precise anymore. The image stabilisation could not manage to do a good job because of the vibration.

In the end I've replaced the motor, which is quite easy to do. Now it flies fine again.

My advice is to always use the prop guards, as they can really save your engines in the case of a hard crash.

After a hard crash, one of the motor was not starting anymore. Checking it more closely, I found out that the shaft was heavily bent.

I managed to fix it with a pair of pliers, and the drone was flying again. But hovering and flying in general, was not that precise anymore. The image stabilisation could not manage to do a good job because of the vibration.

In the end I've replaced the motor, which is quite easy to do. Now it flies fine again.

My advice is to always use the prop guards, as they can really save your engines in the case of a hard crash.
There could still be some vibration and thus making the jello effect making the VPS confused

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv