Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video makers: Could you do us a favor?

volate!lo

Reaction score
When posting videos, especially nice looking ones, you could help us if you add a few lines about what equipment, app and settings were used.
That is IOS or Android, wifi extender or not, onscreen controls or external controller (bluetooth or wired), the app you used. If you used an app which allows video settings, then what video settings were used (bitrate, stream corruption handling, etc). In case you used some app with autopilots then it would be nice to indicate if some scenes were done under autopilot vs those with manual control.

Because sometimes there are videos with stunning quality and we all can learn a bit from this. Other video makers for getting better videos, me for understanding more about which settings / functionss work, and which don't.

Also, if you share post-processed footage (Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve, etc., etc.), please share what you might have done, esp. how you might have dealt with skipped frames, rotor wash, pixelation, etc. I've used the free version of DaVinci Resolve 15 and I'm sure there are some stunning corrections that can be achieved with their node-based effects tool ('Fusion' in their parlance)! If you indeed created VFX that are specifically designed to correct some of the Tello's video stream challenges, maybe share your magic?

I too am truly blown away by some of the clear footage posted lately that's been captured with this little guy(Tello). I myself can't get the video to come in quite as well just yet; only some of the time.
T1s, OTG cable, etc., on the way (thinking of getting decent dedicated phone or mini tablet for it too). Finally got the Xiaomi Mi WiFi amp yesterday but it didn't seem to make that much of a difference (for video, that is). Maybe the video stream is more susceptible to WiFi interference... who knows.

So, yes, I second this motion... please share!

Reactions: Grumpy_Old_Biker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen