Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Video Streaming API for Android

hellowill89

Reaction score
We should work together to establish an Android API which makes it easier to get the video feed from the Tello. From what I can tell, the raw data comes in over port 11111, and then needs to be decoded from H.264. It is somewhat arduous for a regular developer to do this video decoding, so it would be amazing if there was a library out there that could support that functionality. The video feed unlocks a lot of cool behavior for the Tello. What are people's thoughts on it?

javier.lc2

Reaction score
Hey,
I am trying to work on this. I am having issues to display the video on my android app. I have decided to use OpenCV to do decoding from H.264, but I still do not have success. Please see a glance of what I tried to do.

Have you been able to display the video on an android app?

Thanks

Harshith

Reaction score
We should work together to establish an Android API which makes it easier to get the video feed from the Tello. From what I can tell, the raw data comes in over port 11111, and then needs to be decoded from H.264. It is somewhat arduous for a regular developer to do this video decoding, so it would be amazing if there was a library out there that could support that functionality. The video feed unlocks a lot of cool behavior for the Tello. What are people's thoughts on it?
Hey @hellowill89, are you still interested in this topic. I may work on this along with you if you want to continue. Till date I have been able to decode only a frame of the video. But this was without any third party libraries (Using MediaCodec, and I feel that's a lot of progress from where I've started). I'm stuck at combining the slices into a frame. I have tried many ways, but none worked. I just need the information regarding how to know the end of a frame. I've seen something like this if(frame.length != 1460){//eof} in the Python SDK and tried implementing the same. But I've seen that my parser returns frames of size "8" and "13", in a regular pattern.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Harshith.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdmitre