Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Vision Positioning Unavailable, Land as soon as possible.

wija

Reaction score
1st take off out of the box.
Vision Positioning Unavailable, Land as soon as possible.

Even tho in indoor with bright lighting, still can’t hover in place, keep moving forward because of that vps not available:

Please check my video above, is that normal? What should i do?

“Feel the stress, not the fun =_= “

Probably due to your floor. VPS needs a recognizable image to position itself. Try relocating.

Probably due to your floor. VPS needs a recognizable image to position itself. Try relocating.
My floor is common floor for indoor it is not? Ceramic floor.

I try my another cheapest drone that have optical flow position and it can hover very well than this noob tello with much higher price x.x

What kind of floor for tello to hover then? Sigh..

Check the manual. Many different factors affect VPS. Don’t give up. Tello is a wonderful drone.

Well i try this and the vps is working now.
But this is risky flight (4th floor outdoor so you can imagine the wind).

Why it can’t hover in ceramic floor while another cheaper drone with optica flow position module can hover in ceramic floor, sigh.. x.x

And then i also tried indoor again, but above sofa and the vps is working even tho get notif “ambient light is weak, fly with caution” i know this is still normal, but i’m still confused it can’t hover above ceramic floor.

The root cause is the ceramic floor itself or ground color?

The manual lists many of the issues with VPS, including texture, color, transparency and reflectivity among others.

The manual lists many of the issues with VPS, including texture, color, transparency and reflectivity among others.
Dji official store in my country said the root cause maybe the tello infrared got reflected by my very clean & shiny floor that caused the “vps unavailable”.

Still I’m disappointed, tello is made specifically for indoor, but can’t handle common indoor floor like ceramic.

Mine works on ceramic tiled floor. The squares are bigger. at night under flourescent lighting too. Try to keep the tello moving rather than just hovering. I do get the message saying poor lighting conditions but it just goes into ATTI mode and that’s fine since we only need manual control anyway for indoors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid