Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

VPS unavailable

Reaction score
Hello,

When I take off i directly get the message "VPS unavailable, land as soon as possible"
I can fly but the wind will take it.
When i go higher, around 8 meters it starts landing.
How can is restore this?
Hopefully someone can help me.

Wbrownj

Reaction score
Not sure what would cause that. Have you tried recalibration or even a reset?

Make sure the vps sensors on the bottom of the tello are clean and unobstructed.

J

changelingscuba

Reaction score
Today I crashed my Tello and it ended up at the edge of a stream. It got a little wet. After drying it out, I tried it out but got an error that the Vision Positioning System was unavailable. I tried more drying but with no success and then a factory reset but there was no difference.

When I examined it closely now, I noticed a small amount of dirt lodged in the central of the 3 circles in the photo. I thought that was probably just a screw hole, so wouldn’t help, but decided to remove the dirt with a plastic probe. Hey presto, the VPS works again!

I know that the 2 larger circles are sensors, but what is that small central circle ⭕?B05773C4-D0EB-4867-A19B-71E53F155B6F.jpeg

HawkLS

Reaction score
The center hole is for the optical sensor. :geek:

Oliveira2019

Reaction score
Olá,eu também estou com o mesmo problema no meu tello. Será que alguém pode me ajudar,já tentei tudo o que escreveram aqui no fórum sobre isso e não resolveu.

umanbean

Reaction score
but what is that small central circle ⭕?
It's a downward-facing monochrome camera that the Flight Controller uses to maintain stable hover and other functions.

Of the two holes on either side of the camera, one is an infrared emitter, the other an infrared sensor

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonTheBroPony