Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

What SDK version does the normal Tello support?

Mattusi

Reaction score
I was not able to find a clear answer to this. Does anyone know what version of the SDK does the normal Tello (not EDU) support with the latest firmware installed?

I'm afraid, there is no clear answer.

The "SDK" is nothing else than a list of commands you can send to the Tello via UDP after a WiFi network connection is established.

Even most commands of current SDK 3.0 can be sent to the non-EDU Tello but the question actually is, which of them are NOT supported on a non-EDU Tello.

I would say, the following commands are not supported by the firmware of a "normal" Tello:
- commands related to the Robomaster TT extension
- motor on / motor off commands
- commands related to the feature of acting as a WiFi client in a given WLan (to control multiple Tellos in one network)
- commands related to the mission pads

But this may not be complete...
Perhaps also this discussion may help: whats the difference between Tello and Tello EDU

Last edited:
Reactions: Mattusi
I'm afraid, there is no clear answer.

The "SDK" is nothing else than a list of commands you can send to the Tello via UDP after a WiFi network connection is established.

Even most commands of current SDK 3.0 can be sent to the non-EDU Tello but the question actually is, which of them are NOT supported on a non-EDU Tello.

I would say, the following commands are not supported by the firmware of a "normal" Tello:
- commands related to the Robomaster TT extension
- motor on / motor off commands
- commands related to the feature of acting as a WiFi client in a given WLan (to control multiple Tellos in one network)
- commands related to the mission pads

But this may not be complete...
Perhaps also this discussion may help: whats the difference between Tello and Tello EDU
Thanks! It's a shame that the command to act as WiFi client is not available on the "normal" Tello but oh well

Last edited:
Reactions: snvlk1yiva

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv