Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

What's this then GPS?

Customerx

Reaction score
DJI ryze drone less than 135g
Can fly 200m / 650ft easily with no signal loss.
Has 4mbps uninterrupted 720p video feed.
Additional modified battery supply to power accessories.

All mods are included in the 135g total weight. Still shaving grams off tho at the moment.

Now with gps. Plot an autopilot route for that perfect footage.
Return to home function on flyaways if it ever happens.

If it autolands and battery falls out or gets lost in grass or snow now has a 90db alarm to help find it and a 220 lumens starlight for visual aid.

That's why I haven't been posting lately guys, I've been a little busy ;)

GPS functions are plotable on an additional phone app to be used on an additional phone to compliment the already fantastic TELLOfpv by volla, no iPhones here thanks lol

There are still hurdles that need to be jumped to fulfil what I've nearly achieved but not many. Any ideas you may have that could be added into the GPS app I'm building would be great. 3444

Reactions: Chipmun3

raulvolador

Reaction score
I don't understand. Are you talking about a modded Ryze Tello ? Can you share more details ?. Thanks

Raul.

Customerx

Reaction score
Yes the TELLO, with an added top section, weighing in at so far around 35g. Complete with GPS that connects to an onboard mcu that sends out the info to an app that tracks your position and the drones. The mcu can autostack instructions for controlling the drone automatically. :) Still lots I want to add. Never flown any other drone so the GPS functions on others will not or may not match what I'm doing, that's why I want input :) it's fun modding after all

Customerx

Reaction score
The phone plots your location, and facing direction with its GPS and onboard sensors onto the map In realtime (which the map precaches whilst you are on a WiFi connection before you fly.) It then will log into the repeater that is onboard on an ad-hoc network. Between the esp32, phone and drone. The main app also shares this connection for video, normal control etc as it did before at the same time. Volla did say that talking to the TELLO in SDK mode there maybe issues with direct control but that just means I will have to change the programming to suit. Everydays a schoolday so I'm willing to learn that. Of course i will share everything I'm doing btw :)

Customerx

Reaction score
Oh and the little add on just connects to the Lego adapters you can get. So you can remove it whenever you want.

Pac-tello

Reaction score
Sounds like you are using an esp32 with gps fixed to the Tello to send gps location back to a second phone or tablet, where your app is then able to calculate the distance to a new point (or home point) and then send a command to the drone using sdk to move the drone to a new location. I wasn’t aware you could control the Tello from two different wifi connections. Sounds interesting!

Customerx

Reaction score
It's because of the onboard repeater able to accept 16 connections.

Customerx

Reaction score
Obviously work in progress, not the polished build as yet.

Customerx

Reaction score
Added 90db alarm and led starlight just for easy recovery controlled by esp32

Reactions: Mrmund

Customerx

Reaction score
Tbh wouldn't know where to start with iOS always been Android. But the WiFi repeater mod I did will work with iOS I would have thought. It's just adding two mi extenders together.

Onboard Tello

Reactions: Chipmun3

Customerx

Reaction score
It'll look really good once it's finished and not so "frankendrone" lol

Customerx

Reaction score
Update on drone gps.

Doing well on the GPS app programming tonight, working well. Adding distance code from phone to drone and also fly to marker selections tomorrow. Hopefully should get chance then to decode the GPS info and start sending automated control configs to the TELLO. So much to do... :)

Reactions: Vitto

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kospa