Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

WiFi interference?

Dean Lighty

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Now I'm not up on all this stuff at all. Still learning. My friend wants to purchase a Tello the same as myself and wants to fly around in the same area. He is worried about crossed/confused WiFi signals etc. Is this a thing? Would we still be able to control our own. Thanx to anyone who may be able to clarify this.

Reactions: stephanriederer
I don't own an iPhone but from what I've read in this forum, Bluetooth interference is not such a big issue with iOS devices?

Best thing to do is just try it and see...

Only thing that's given me any sort of interference was not turning off my data and putting it in airplane mode. Bluetooth hasn't been an issue

I have an iPhone X, PS4 controller, and mi extender. I have no issues flying my Tello with the PS4 controller without the mi Wi-Fi extender. However, with the extender setup, I lose video completely and there is a 2-3 second delay when controlling with Bluetooth connected PS4 controller. When Bluetooth is off and controlling with app itself, I have no troubles with the mi extender. Just my 2 cents. If anyone is tips all is appreciated!

I don't own an iPhone but from what I've read in this forum, Bluetooth interference is not such a big issue with iOS devices?

Best thing to do is just try it and see...
After trying myself: Its mostly the same level if there is some active bluetooth connection on the same phone (controller, or even a fitbit / apple watch).
But if there is no BT connection active but only someone else using BT (like someone next to you has an apple watch) it's not as bad as Android in the same situation.For Android you'd have to switch off BT or you'll get bad video, for Apple not so much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv