Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Won't take off

tazman

Reaction score
Brand new Tello, first flight. I tap the takeoff icon, then slide the slider over to takeoff. The props rev up for about 2 seconds then they stop. I have done the firmware update the app prompt me to. I've done the IMU calibration multiple times. Wasn't sure for the IMU calibration if I hold it in position or take the prop guard off and let it free stand, so I did both way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I've done the IMU calibration multiple times.

When you replace the props, be sure to match them correctly in terms of marked and unmarked. I needed a bright light and magnifying glass to see the marks that are shown in the manual.

seek out the instruction manual... it shows where I am quite sure this is your problem. l had the same issue.

Good to hear! That confounded me for several days.. Marks are hard to see too!

as for me I was calibrating my Tello... though not sure I needed to...(I had read some where it was needed, I guess early DJI habit). It was several very frustrating days. I contracted Tello support and at first, for a couple of days we thought my phone was not compatible. I did learn a fair amount. like how to remove the prop guards from the fragile arms. But since all is good.

I was going nuts trying to figure out what markings were on the propellers. I lost one of my props so I went to the little bag they sent and noticed that several props were reverse pitched and thought they made a mistake. I couldn't find the marks because I replaced the lost prop with one that had the same pitch as the others. Turns out my Tello came with 3 props of the same pitch and one of the opposite pitch and it flew. I noticed my control didn't seem solid though. Once I found an image on Google that showed the marks I dug through the bag and sure enough there were marked props. I put them on the 2 and 3 positions and it takes off again and even is better controllable. Yeah!prop marks.jpg

I was going nuts trying to figure out what markings were on the propellers. I lost one of my props so I went to the little bag they sent and noticed that several props were reverse pitched and thought they made a mistake. I couldn't find the marks because I replaced the lost prop with one that had the same pitch as the others. Turns out my Tello came with 3 props of the same pitch and one of the opposite pitch and it flew. I noticed my control didn't seem solid though. Once I found an image on Google that showed the marks I dug through the bag and sure enough there were marked props. I put them on the 2 and 3 positions and it takes off again and even is better controllable. Yeah!View attachment 2582
Good for you! I feel your pain.... Good you are flying!

WillNAZ

Thanks for the info and taking the time to add the picture saved me a lot of time searching through Google, for that I will pay it forward on these forums 10 fold.

Reactions: Yo-dude
guys i have tello drone it's so heavy to fly .... when i take off 1 meter on air immediately landing

it's like some magnet ? on the land

Reactions: Yo-dude
guys i have tello drone it's so heavy to fly .... when i take off 1 meter on air immediately landing

it's like some magnet ? on the land
Sounds like you have a low battery level.... Check that your battery is fully charged.

.y tello will take off and fly for one or 2 seconds then sets back down. Just started doing it and all battery are charges and surrounds havnt changed. Does any one know why

and just to jump in on this issue, mine has started to do the same thing.
It just revs up flys a bit then stops. Sometimes it flips to the left and some time revs up hard and climbs uncontrollably. Now just doing a quick jump then stopping as described above.

I have full batteries, charged in the Tello and the dock. I have updated firmware sereval times including after pressing the on button for 5 secs then waiting for the green light to turn red pulse and I have upgraded IMU. Cant get it to fly long enough to calibrate COG.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv