Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Won't take off

tazman

Reaction score
Brand new Tello, first flight. I tap the takeoff icon, then slide the slider over to takeoff. The props rev up for about 2 seconds then they stop. I have done the firmware update the app prompt me to. I've done the IMU calibration multiple times. Wasn't sure for the IMU calibration if I hold it in position or take the prop guard off and let it free stand, so I did both way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

daisy-girl

Reaction score
I've done the IMU calibration multiple times.
When you replace the props, be sure to match them correctly in terms of marked and unmarked. I needed a bright light and magnifying glass to see the marks that are shown in the manual.

tazman

Reaction score
Where are these marks? and which props go where? Thank-you

Yo-dude

Reaction score
seek out the instruction manual... it shows where I am quite sure this is your problem. l had the same issue.

tazman

Reaction score
Thank-you for the info on the prop marks, that was the problem, takes off great now.

Reactions: JasonR

Yo-dude

Reaction score
Good to hear! That confounded me for several days.. Marks are hard to see too!

dwallersv

Reaction score
Just curious... why were you putting props on a new Tello? Mine came with the props on in the package.

Reactions: Stef

Yo-dude

Reaction score
as for me I was calibrating my Tello... though not sure I needed to...(I had read some where it was needed, I guess early DJI habit). It was several very frustrating days. I contracted Tello support and at first, for a couple of days we thought my phone was not compatible. I did learn a fair amount. like how to remove the prop guards from the fragile arms. But since all is good.

WillNAZ

Reaction score
I was going nuts trying to figure out what markings were on the propellers. I lost one of my props so I went to the little bag they sent and noticed that several props were reverse pitched and thought they made a mistake. I couldn't find the marks because I replaced the lost prop with one that had the same pitch as the others. Turns out my Tello came with 3 props of the same pitch and one of the opposite pitch and it flew. I noticed my control didn't seem solid though. Once I found an image on Google that showed the marks I dug through the bag and sure enough there were marked props. I put them on the 2 and 3 positions and it takes off again and even is better controllable. Yeah!prop marks.jpg

Reactions: Yo-dude

Yo-dude

Reaction score
I was going nuts trying to figure out what markings were on the propellers. I lost one of my props so I went to the little bag they sent and noticed that several props were reverse pitched and thought they made a mistake. I couldn't find the marks because I replaced the lost prop with one that had the same pitch as the others. Turns out my Tello came with 3 props of the same pitch and one of the opposite pitch and it flew. I noticed my control didn't seem solid though. Once I found an image on Google that showed the marks I dug through the bag and sure enough there were marked props. I put them on the 2 and 3 positions and it takes off again and even is better controllable. Yeah!View attachment 2582
Good for you! I feel your pain.... Good you are flying!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dringram1