Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

1 motor will not stop

Nimadtray

Reaction score
I was flying in the house and had a little crash...the drone came down and the one motor would not stop. I even had no wifi connection and tello app was "off"...even with the drone powered "off" the 1 motor is still working...i had to pull the battery no have the motor "stop"...if i install the battery back in the drone the motor instantly starts back up...any suggestions? I have replaced 1 motor already and it is that motor that is messed up...the drone was working great after the replacement motor for multiple use's until the 1 of a few crash's...the motor I purchased is from RCgeek..help..do i just need to replace that motor again?

If it is running - the problem is NOT the motor.

Have you tried a hard reset with the power button?

Press and long hold the power button for 10 seconds until the light turns a solid red.

I would also forget the Tello wifi on my phone AND I would delete and reinstall the app.

I think you will have to update your firmware again to the newest firmware.

doesn't sound like a problem with the drone's software or firmware or anything like that, and I don't think reset can help.

Sounds to me like an electrical shortcut. Could be a broken PCB / component. Since you already messed with the motor maybe the soldering has come loose

Reactions: Terry and georgi UK
That's the key fact right there.

Go back and trace the leads to that motor and you'll likely find the problem there.... like volato!lo said - good chance it's a short or a soldering mistake.
i have taken the drone apart and connections were good..i had never taken the wires off the board as I spliced into the existing and soldered the wires to the new wires. I tried another motor and still the same...as soon as i install the battery the motor starts spinning without even using power button. The power button will not shut it off and the power button appears to be working sgowing green lite the flash's red/yellow and shuts down...motor always spinning

Maybe easier and cheaper to get a used one, maybe one with other defects. I guess you need a new main PCB.

Ryze doesn't repair, just not cost effective (how does it cost to produce a Tello, maybe $20?)

Reactions: Terry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv