Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

about batteries

lagna_jean_a

Reaction score
Good morning all,I read you a lot for the moment and it is precisely because of this that I allow myself to open a post concerning the batteries.If I understood correctly, the Tello is supplied with a FULLYMAX battery, and it is the best brand. My problem if there is any, my Tello was provided to me with an original SEFU battery. I bought new, the packaging was original and had never been opened. I then buy two additional batteries, FULLYMAX, I receive two SEFUs. I'm getting lost in all of this.

photo of the Tello box and the additional battery

Sincerely, Jean

Attachments

• tello.jpg
    tello.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 29
  • tello batt.jpg
    tello batt.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I didn’t realise there was a difference, just return them if you think it matters.

Looks good!
I'll let you know what Ryze says about the difference between the two brands.
I'm waiting for some emails ..

I believe Fullymax and SEFU are both Ryze authorized battery manufacturers.

no, why return them, I tested and I have the same flight times with the three batteries within a few seconds. That is to say between 9 min and 52 sec minimum and 10 min 15 sec maximum.

I don't see what the issue is, basically you have batteries and they work?

I don't see what the issue is, basically you have batteries and they work?
Yes indeed, I had just understood that in OEM Tello was supplied with fullymax and that the sefu were of lower quality. My question was about the OEM supply with a sefu battery.But indeed, all three work the same way, maybe I shouldn't have opened a new thread for that.

quiet, the forum is for this ....
I just got an email from Ryze and it says:

Thank you for reaching Ryze Robotics,

We do appreciate for bringing up this concern to us, in regards to the two Tello batteries even though they have different brands, However, both are supported and licensed by Ryzerobotics and in terms of performance they are also equal only the difference is that Sefu's serial number is shown on QR code on its battery.

Hope this clarify and helps. Thank you for choosing Ryze.

Best Regards,
Ryan A.
RYZE Customer Support

Reactions: Hal C in TN
quiet, the forum is for this ....
I just got an email from Ryze and it says:

Thank you for reaching Ryze Robotics,

We do appreciate for bringing up this concern to us, in regards to the two Tello batteries even though they have different brands, However, both are supported and licensed by Ryzerobotics and in terms of performance they are also equal only the difference is that Sefu's serial number is shown on QR code on its battery.

Hope this clarify and helps. Thank you for choosing Ryze.

Best Regards,
Ryan A.
RYZE Customer Support
Thanks for the feedback and see you soon

My Tello I bought more than 1 year ago with one FULLYMAX and one SEFU in the package. Than I bought a FULLYMAX via Amazon, but I got a SEFU.
All lipos runs good all the time. Now all lipos have not the full capacity and the FULLYMAX is a bit better. But that can also be a normal production tolerance.
I can't say that the FULLYMAX is significant better.

Looks good!
I'll let you know what Ryze says about the difference between the two brands.
I'm waiting for some emails ..

I can use some helpful advice concerning batteries for the Tello. Although I also have both FULLYMAX and SEFU brand batteries, they seem equal in performance. Like all of us, I want to make my batteries last as long as possible.

With all my other aircraft, I target flying them down to a desirable storage voltage to stop flying. If that isn't possible, I can discharge them down to that voltage using my charger. Since both the Tello or TelloFPV software doesn't show me remaining voltage, can you tell me a good percentage remaining to fly the Tello down to to achieve this?

Also, I wonder if these batteries are LIPO HV or LIFE HV technology if you know....:unsure:

Your help will be most appreciated.

Hal

Actually voltage is available in the data stream. I could display it, but it fluctuates every few ms.

Would you know which voltage to store at and when / how to measure? I don't.

I have never read any conclusive data about this. I mean something backed by true scientific papers, not just some amateur experiments. I think early in the days of LiPo someone came out with 60-80% and this has been repeated thousands of times

Very few know what 60% refers to.
Is it 60% of the voltage spread between empty and full voltage? What exactly are the empty / full voltage thresholds?
Or is it 60% SoC? Is SoC a linear function of voltage?

And how does all this apply to the specific HV LiIon batteries used for Tello ?

In the end I just decided there is too many variables so I just follow my gut feeling.
Never store empty.
Never keep in charger for more than a couple of hours.
Never ever leave the battery in the drone more than a day ro two
Never charge when still warm from last use

I store my flight batteries between 30-100% as Tello reports. I fly until forced auto landing kicks in, and typically give them a quick charge for 20min or so. My main flight batteries are 1 year old and still good for 10+ min.

I have a couple of batteries I use for development with Tello either flying or sitting on a fan.
These are abused to the maximum extend possible: Typically discharged until Tello shuts off at 0% they are often stored discharged at 0% for several days, or they might be charged right after discharge when still warm. During development I use the first one I can find that has some juice, and plug in some other without keeping track of anything.
Whatever it takes. I just don't care at all.
The oldest is 1.5 years old and is still good for 6-7min.

Bottom line: relax. The batteries are mostly indestructable, the only thing that kills them is to keep the batt inthe drone for weeks

Reactions: Hal C in TN
Actually voltage is available in the data stream. I could display it, but it fluctuates every few ms.

Would you know which voltage to store at and when / how to measure? I don't.

I have never read any conclusive data about this. I mean something backed by true scientific papers, not just some amateur experiments. I think early in the days of LiPo someone came out with 60-80% and this has been repeated thousands of times

Very few know what 60% refers to.
Is it 60% of the voltage spread between empty and full voltage? What exactly are the empty / full voltage thresholds?
Or is it 60% SoC? Is SoC a linear function of voltage?

And how does all this apply to the specific HV LiIon batteries used for Tello ?

In the end I just decided there is too many variables so I just follow my gut feeling.
Never store empty.
Never keep in charger for more than a couple of hours.
Never ever leave the battery in the drone more than a day ro two
Never charge when still warm from last use

I store my flight batteries between 30-100% as Tello reports. I fly until forced auto landing kicks in, and typically give them a quick charge for 20min or so. My main flight batteries are 1 year old and still good for 10+ min.

I have a couple of batteries I use for development with Tello either flying or sitting on a fan.
These are abused to the maximum extend possible: Typically discharged until Tello shuts off at 0% they are often stored discharged at 0% for several days, or they might be charged right after discharge when still warm. During development I use the first one I can find that has some juice, and plug in some other without keeping track of anything.
Whatever it takes. I just don't care at all.
The oldest is 1.5 years old and is still good for 6-7min.

Bottom line: relax. The batteries are mostly indestructable, the only thing that kills them is to keep the batt in the drone for weeks

Thanks for the great reply! I didn't know that these where LiOn HV batteries which is good for longevity from all I have been told. I suppose that if I had read the label on the battery I could have read that for myself! Lesson to self.... READ THE FINE PRINT!!! DOH!! :rolleyes:

With my other fixed wing aircraft using LIPO batteries, I general fly them down to about 30% which equates to about 3.65 volts per onboard telemetry. They rebound to about 3.8 volts, which is what I target for storage and set my chargers to. I have many batteries that I've used for about 5 years using this method with very little loss of flight time due to age. :)

I'm unsure whether is because I only have about 4 flights on each of my 3 batteries, but after charging these to 100% yesterday, they had only about 60% each today. I'll get back with you later with more data. :oops:

After flying each down to about 10 to 15% then allowing them to cool, I used my Smartree DT30 power supply with the 3 Tello charge ports to recharge all 3 at the same time for 20 minutes (per your advice). I then powered the Tello with each battery and found them to be at between 30 to 40% which seems a very good place for storage. I'll check on them again tomorrow and over the next several days and let you know what I learn.

Once again, thanks very much for the great program and making yourself available to field questions.

TELLO FPV rocks and is worth every cent! :cool:

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv