Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Activation

Kiwisaurus

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm just confused about something, and I want to know if any of you know anything about this.

As you may or may not know, the very first time you connect your Tello to the Tello App, a message pops up in the middle of the screen, saying that you need to activate to authorize your drone. You have two options: "Cancel" and "Activate".

Now, activation means that your drone's SN (serial number) is sent to Ryze's database, so they can check for warranty and stuff. iPhone has this too.

So I assumed, as any logical person would assume, that when you hit "Cancel" it doesn't activate your drone.

I asked Ryze Online Support about this. But here is the problem: Every single support assistant says something different!

One said that if I hit cancel, it will ask me again the next time I open the app.

The other said that if I hit cancel it will not activate and never ask me again.

Some other one said that they didn't know.

I contacted at least 6 different support assistants.

But only one of them went ahead and asked the development team.

He came back saying that the development team said "Regardless of whether you click "Cancel" or "Activate" the serial number will automatically be sent to your database."

I just want to confirm this. I mean, everyone is saying something different and I don't know who to trust. So I just wanted to know if there was any way to confirm if this is true.

I actually do know a way. If any of you clicked "Cancel" on the prompt, please go to Ryze - Support, scroll down and click "Online Support". Then give the person if your serial number is in their database.

I would really appreciate if you do what I just said if you remember clicking "Cancel" on the prompt.

There is also an option in the Advanced Options menu in the Tello app called "Tello Device SN". It can be switched on or off.

Maybe it is either on or off depending on what you picked (cancel or activate) on the prompt the first time you connected your drone.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I'm just confused about something, and I want to know if any of you know anything about this.

As you may or may not know, the very first time you connect your Tello to the Tello App, a message pops up in the middle of the screen, saying that you need to activate to authorize your drone. You have two options: "Cancel" and "Activate".

Now, activation means that your drone's SN (serial number) is sent to Ryze's database, so they can check for warranty and stuff. iPhone has this too.

So I assumed, as any logical person would assume, that when you hit "Cancel" it doesn't activate your drone.

I asked Ryze Online Support about this. But here is the problem: Every single support assistant says something different!

One said that if I hit cancel, it will ask me again the next time I open the app.

The other said that if I hit cancel it will not activate and never ask me again.

He came back saying that the development team said "Regardless of whether you click "Cancel" or "Activate" the serial number will automatically be sent to your database."

I just want to confirm this. I mean, everyone is saying something different and I don't know who to trust. So I just wanted to know if there was any way to confirm if this is true.

I actually do know a way. If any of you clicked "Cancel" on the prompt, please go to Ryze - Support, scroll down and click "Online Support". Then give the person if your serial number is in their database.

I would really appreciate if you do what I just said if you remember clicking "Cancel" on the prompt.

There is also an option in the Advanced Options menu in the Tello app called "Tello Device SN". It can be switched on or off.

Maybe it is either on or off depending on what you picked (cancel or activate) on the prompt the first time you connected your drone.

Thank you!
it does no influence the function of the drone as far as I am concerned. what is the reason of your investigation?

No reason in particular. Just wondering.
Haha ok. Well you are heading for a tough investigation with those guys at Ryze support then. They hardly have consistent answer for issues from my experience and they all seem to want you to reinstall your app no matter what. If they say they got feedback from the dev it won't be too detailed anyway which is completely a waste of time. Good luck!

Haha ok. Well you are heading for a tough investigation with those guys at Ryze support then. They hardly have consistent answer for issues from my experience and they all seem to want you to reinstall your app no matter what. If they say they got feedback from the dev it won't be too detailed anyway which is completely a waste of time. Good luck!
Thank you.

Hello everyone,

Thank you!
I don't recall the first drone. I bought a new tello and connected it to my laptop and didn't see that message. What was the activation for?

tello won't take off unless it has been "activated", that is some special command was sent to Tello.

You can use the Ryze app for that, or use TelloFpv (free demo is enough).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv