Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Almost 400ft

Jdub

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Almost made it to 400ft but got worried when screen went black for a second so I hightailed it back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190421-192816.png
    Screenshot_20190421-192816.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20190421-192758.png
    Screenshot_20190421-192758.png
    158 KB · Views: 110
Can you please give detailed information on setup that you used to achieve nearly 400 ft please

400ft is easy with a wifi repeater in low interference area

Hi Guorium: any particular wifi repeater? Tks
I used kobwa which is sold under many names as well, and xiaomi 2. Both will get you 400ft easily. Heck I even got 330ft on iphone control alone but that was interference free condition and the video feed near 330ft was almost stopped. Like I had control only.

Thanks for the info. My iPhone is a 6S and control Gamesir T1; you think these will be ok for 300ft on an interference-free area?

Thanks for the info. My iPhone is a 6S and control Gamesir T1; you think these will be ok for 300ft on an interference-free area?
U could probably. Though I flew with iphone x alone, cell and bt turned off. You should connect to t1 last so it sees the wifi signal from tello and avoids that channel to minimize interference. My flight was 4m high too. Too much height degrades signal. I flew over a football field with no wind that day. I would not recommend going that far without a repeater as it is just pointless unless you are testing range.

Great info. Tks. Is this one? 1.- WiFi Range Extender, Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2 WiFi Signal Booster Universal WiFi Amplifier 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless USB WiFi Extenders Signal Booster (White) US$ 12=? on Amazon---Same as this 2.- "Anbee Tello WiFi Range Extender, Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2 Amplifier Universal Wi-Fi Extender 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless WiFi Signal Extender for Tello and Tello EDU Drone US$13 also Amazon

Great info. Tks. Is this one? 1.- WiFi Range Extender, Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2 WiFi Signal Booster Universal WiFi Amplifier 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless USB WiFi Extenders Signal Booster (White) US$ 12=? on Amazon---Same as this 2.- "Anbee Tello WiFi Range Extender, Xiaomi WiFi Repeater 2 Amplifier Universal Wi-Fi Extender 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless WiFi Signal Extender for Tello and Tello EDU Drone US$13 also Amazon
Yeah that is xiaomi two extender. It is decent and widely available. If you want something with better signal strength try to get this kobwa extender. Sold under different names but all look the same. Probably perform the same...

Tks Guorium: I suppose the USB is for charging purposes? These extenders should work on rechargeable batteries, right? And on a different matter, what's your experience with software other than Tello's, like Volatello and the like? (I'm glad to have a personal trainer with you, JA!)

Tks Guorium: I suppose the USB is for charging purposes? These extenders should work on rechargeable batteries, right? And on a different matter, what's your experience with software other than Tello's, like Volatello and the like? (I'm glad to have a personal trainer with you, JA!)
Never used it but many do praise it so worth trying if you are on android system. Yes it gets power from usb port.

I didn't mean "power from USB" but powered from a rechargeable battery which is recharged via USB; is this correct? I suppose the extender is located midway between you and the intended maximum (extended) distance, which most likely is a place with no electrical energy to plug the extender. Tks for your patience.

I didn't mean "power from USB" but powered from a rechargeable battery which is recharged via USB; is this correct? I suppose the extender is located midway between you and the intended maximum (extended) distance, which most likely is a place with no electrical energy to plug the extender. Tks for your patience.
Any 5V USB power outlet will do. Most people choose mobile powerbank. A small one like 2500mAh that I use will power the repeater for many hours.

I have one in my drawer and never thought of it. Tks a lot. I'll keep in touch with my results.

Reactions: Guorium
I have one in my drawer and never thought of it. Tks a lot. I'll keep in touch with my results.
have the repeater off the ground, about chest height or head height gives pretty good sphere of influence

Netgear EX3110 wifi range extender it's a wall plug in one, also I've used a dlink 1600 that I ran off of a small 12 volt lead acid battery

400ft is easy with a wifi repeater in low interference area
Ya but I live In a decent sized neighborhood and can pick up about 5-10 other router signals at 1 time and I think the power lines in that field mess with it also

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190424-065847.png
    Screenshot_20190424-065847.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv