Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Ambient light flying Tello

BillO

Reaction score
Ciao, fellow model aviators. Im enjoying the very stable hover of my new Tello in my well lit living room (basically an entire room devoted to a nice helicopter building area) .
However when flying the Tello in a much smaller room (a small room with only a flat screen TV and a couch. It drifts all over and changes altitude.
Can anyone explain what's up with that??
Mille grazie.

not enough light.
Older Tellos were better but recent ones require LOTS of light

Ciao, fellow model aviators. Im enjoying the very stable hover of my new Tello in my well lit living room (basically an entire room devoted to a nice helicopter building area) .
However when flying the Tello in a much smaller room (a small room with only a flat screen TV and a couch. It drifts all over and changes altitude.
Can anyone explain what's up with that??
Mille grazie.
It is due to its sensor present at the bottom it flies according to the sensor's vision positioning

Thank you! I appreciate you're information. If I placed, something like a bright led lamp on the floor facing upward ...would that help?? Also ?is there a brushless motor available for my little Fellow Tello??

no as you'd blind the sensor
no, and would be useless anyway because the FC controls the flight, and any added punch of brushless would not be used

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv