Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

App Updates

John M

Reaction score
I recently received my Tello. I have used the regular Tello app and the Tello FPV app. Should I be looking for updates and if so when and how.

Don't you regularly check for app updates anyway? If yes, why would you expect these two to behave different than other apps in the appstore?

Don't you regularly check for app updates anyway? If yes, why would you expect these two to behave different than other apps in the appstore?

Unhelpful and patronising reply. The question was 'how do I do this?'.

The answer (I suspect) is: you don't need to do anything ... the app will update automatically when there is a new version (mine has a couple of times in the last few months).

Reactions: John M and Cyberion
TelloFpv gets updates every week or two. If you are in the Beta test program (open play store, go to TelloFpv and scroll down for invitation) you see updates every couple of days, or sometimes every couple of hours (like today).
This happens automatically unless you have opted for manual updates (in that case it's your job to keep up to date)

Ryze Tello app is eerrm... different. Updates every couple of months, and most often better to stay clear.

Unhelpful and patronising reply.
No and possibly yes.
The question was 'how do I do this?'
Nope. This is your interpretation of the original post. IMHO it would have been quite nice (and most easy) if the OP had already included the real question. ;)

Maybe the OP eventually comes back one day and tells us which answer he expected - and yet the three of us have replied the same, we just used different phrases.

Reactions: Speleo
No and possibly yes.
Nope. This is your interpretation of the original post. IMHO it would have been quite nice (and most easy) if the OP had already included the real question. ;)

Maybe the OP eventually comes back one day and tells us which answer he expected - and yet the three of us have replied the same, we just used different phrases.

I thought he/she was quite explicit: "Should I be looking for updates and if so when and how". Your response answered neither of those questions. Hence my comment. Was I wrong?

Let's agree to slightly disagree on the approach and stick to the original topic - which in our common opinion seems to be solved anyway.

Sorry for the confusion everyone. I'm new at this and not much of a geek. Just trying to find a new hobby. Many times trying to find answers through other peoples discussions I find their conversation is often way above my knowledge. I'm learning. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: Louis08
All apps on your phone are updated the same way, following your settings. Default is automatic update whenever the original developer releases an upadate - no explicit action needed from you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madrid