Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

aTello (Android) Development Thread

App v.0.93 don't work icons (in v.0.92 - OK):
2.Takeoff/Land button
3.Throw takeoff button

Hello. I just downloaded atello app for my android and first flight with was a success so thank you for the app. Second flight was with a PS4 control and I couldnt take off or land with it. I had to use the android. There is no start or select button on the PS4, which is most likely the issue, correct ? There are share and options buttons on the PS4 control. Are they set up or can they be used like the start and select on the PS3 control ? Again, I dig the app !

Hello. I just downloaded atello app for my android and first flight with was a success so thank you for the app. Second flight was with a PS4 control and I couldnt take off or land with it. I had to use the android. There is no start or select button on the PS4, which is most likely the issue, correct ? There are share and options buttons on the PS4 control. Are they set up or can they be used like the start and select on the PS3 control ? Again, I dig the app !

You can try L2 R2 to land and take off. It worked for me on 0.92 with a z4 tab and a ps4 controller.

Actually got it figured out. The share and option buttons are the same as the select and start buttons. I'm dialed in and good to go ! My distance is further with atello which is awesome. Looking forward to improvements ! Diggin the app for sure.

Hello @Krag, would be possible and easy to add VR Mode (like official app) in aTello ? It shoud be great !
Yes. But I need to figure out why the video messes up first.

It sounds like you didn't have the PS3 joystick selected in the options. Ps4 and 3 are the same controller as far as aTello is concerned.

Just tried aTello with my Xbox One Bluetooth Controller and flight works perfectly. Still experimenting but here are the controls for anyone that wants them.

Start (Hold):
Take off/Land

Left Stick:
Up & Down: Z-Axis
Left & Right: Rotation

Right Stick:
Up & Down: Forwards & Back
Left & Right: Left & Right

Left Shoulder: Record Video
Right Shoulder: Take Photo

D-Pad: Flips in direct.
* Sometimes it takes two presses for the flip to activate

Last edited:
feature request
Can you make a switch in the settings for the joysticks mode to switch between linear/logarithmic? i think that even a basic lin/log switch would improve very low speeds control, for video mode.

Reactions: Rob63
Being using version 0.93. It works great! Thanks for the developer!

I have also tested it and worked with Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2 and Logitech F710 wireless gamepads using the USB receivers through OTG and Generic mode in aTello.

Reactions: Krag
@Krag

Version 0.93 is quite good but needs urgently the vr-mode implemented.

Did you find the prob why video messes up?

I think fpv flight with iframe setting would be great!

Last edited:
I'm still trying to fix the video.

I did manage to fix the connection issues without rewriting it. So that will be the next release.

Reactions: Stumpi
I put up a new version 0.94 for testing at the link below. Because I made some significant changes in the code I'd like a few people to test before I put it up for general release.

In this version I rewrote how the app handles pauses (when you go into the task manager or settings for example). Hopefully it wont disconnect like it was frequently doing before.

NOTE: This might mean that there are bugs that were not there before. Worse case you may loose contact with the drone after coming back from another screen. In that case close and reopen the app and you should reconnect at once.

aTello test versions

Can you please report back if this version works ok for you? I need a few reports before I can move on to other things.

I put up a new version 0.94 for testing at the link below. Because I made some significant changes in the code I'd like a few people to test before I put it up for general release.

In this version I rewrote how the app handles pauses (when you go into the task manager or settings for example). Hopefully it wont disconnect like it was frequently doing before.

NOTE: This might mean that there are bugs that were not there before. Worse case you may loose contact with the drone after coming back from another screen. In that case close and reopen the app and you should reconnect at once.

aTello test versions

Can you please report back if this version works ok for you? I need a few reports before I can move on to other things.

Unfortunately it will not install on my S7 due to a parse Problem.

Sounds like an incomplete download. Try downloading with a different browser or on your PC.

Same problem with downloaded apk on other browsers (chrome, firefox). The apk file is not being accepted from android.

Every downloaded file of test version 0.94 has the same size: 40,33 kb. So i think it is not incomplete downloaded.

Last edited:
It is definitely incomplete. The file size of the complete apk should be around 17 Megabytes. Try downloading on your PC and transfer to phone.

Hörni,hörni.. got it.

Video much better but not yet as good as on telloApp.

Video conversion better.

Sometimes suddenly disconnection of Wifi Signal for 3-4 seconds.

VR mode missing ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv