Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

aTelloPilot Vs TelloFpv

goBOBke

Reaction score
Which one do you prefer
¿TelloFpv or aTelloPilot?
Why?

I want to have, I think I need ;) to have, one extra app, I just have the original app from Dji... and I still dont know.

Reactions: PPhP19
In my opinion TelloFPV is by far a better choice ;)

For example, it will offer you amazing autopilots totally missing into aTelloPilot.

Sample of Up&Away (dronie) autopilot into TelloFPV:

Sample of circle autopilot into TelloFPV:

Sample of Boomerang autopilot into TelloFPV

Other features, as RTH, are presented in both apps, but works much better into TelloFPV. RTH into aTelloPilot sucks (n)

There are a couple of exclusive features you will only see into aTelloPilot. They are Vision Tracking (autonomously follow faces or objects ) and MissionPlanner (Fly by waypoints mode), but both are not very accurate.

Sample FaceTracking into aTelloPilot

Mission Planner explained:
PingguSoft/aTelloPilot

Best regards.

Last edited:
However, unless things have changed, the TelloFPV app is only for Android users. Those of us with iOS are out of luck. And the author of TelloFPV has publicly said he's not writing anything for iOs (at least not yet).

Apple doesn't let me in, I have to provide an authorization letter signed by Ryze to be allowed to release an app that controls Tello. Ryze doesn't answer my requests. So i don't start development of TelloFpv for IOS under these circumstances

On IOS there is no useful app. There is something called phoenix but its junk.

Apple doesn't let me in, I have to provide an authorization letter signed by Ryze to be allowed to release an app that controls Tello. Ryze doesn't answer my requests. So i don't start development of TelloFpv for IOS under these circumstances

On IOS there is no useful app. There is something called phoenix but its junk.
I had no idea it was that difficult to live in the iOS universe (from a developer's standpoint). What a PITA. It's bad that Ryze won't even give you the courtesy of a reply. That sucks. Thanks for answering my post and clearing it up for me.

Ryze support team sent me to the SDK team, they gave me request number and thats it. No response to my emails anymore.
I guess they don't like my app. Which puzzles me a bit because they even had an "interview" online with the maker of aTelloPilot

Ryze support team sent me to the SDK team, they gave me request number and thats it. No response to my emails anymore.
I guess they don't like my app. Which puzzles me a bit because they even had an "interview" online with the maker of aTelloPilot
Well, as I said before, this sucks. It's not like you're trying to take money out of anybody's pocket-you're just coming up with a better mousetrap. Maybe you should try to sell a iOS version to Ryze (if you can ever get them to call you back, that is). Well, thanks for the reply. I now understand more than I did earlier. Good luck.

I'm sorry for All iOS owners, but an alternative solution would be ... buy a cheap used Android and enjoy TelloFPV. it will certainly not be convenient for many, but at the moment there are no alternative solutions for iOS.

Reactions: Terry and umanbean
I guess they don't like my app. Which puzzles me a bit because they even had an "interview" online with the maker of aTelloP
Maybe because your app is too good?

It literally makes a mockery of their POS app! And to think that Tellofpv was conceived, created, developed and polished by a one-man development team makes their app development team look like incompetent amateurs!

THAT'S why they don't want to talk to you... your app is an embarrassment to them.

Last edited:
Addendum: And even if I was a deeply dedicated iOS fanatic - and knowing what I know about the Tellofpv app - I would definitely buy a cheap eBay Android device, just so I could use it with my Tellos!

Last edited:
Addendum: And even if I was a deeply dedicated iOS fanatic - and knowing what I know about the Tellofpv app - I would definitely buy a cheap eBay Android device, just so I could use it with my Tellos!
That's a thought. I'm not familiar with Android rigs..any recommendations? It doesn't have to be able to make calls, just for the wifi to work. A used Android something would do the trick. Ideas? What should I look for?

A used Android something would do the trick. Ideas? What should I look for?
I bought a refurb Galaxy S5 last January, soon after I discovered Tellofpv... they're even cheaper now. A quick glance just now on eBay and I found several for $50-60. IIRC I bought mine from Amazon, it was a little bit more but I'm a Prime member and wanted a no-questions-asked return guarantee.

Just yesterday I ordered a refurb S7 off of eBay, for just over $100. I wanted the higher screen resolution to use with cheap VR goggles. With the S5 you can actually see the pixels. Make sure whatever you get has at least Android 5.0

Last edited:
S7 is my main test device and produces butter smooth video with almost no framedrops. Highly recommended and unless you have specific needs is still a good phone for daily use. Of course the camera isn't on par with the latest models but other than that I can't see much in the S10 that impresses me much

S4 is minimum spec but it can struggle a bit, and produce more framedrops. S5 is good enough, but for VR the S6/S7 is the much better choice due to the screen resolution. It can show full resolution of Tello on both eyes.

Currently I am trying to see how many escalation levels the review process has at Apple. But I don't think this will lead to anything at all. So work has started on the Android port of TelloMe. I am not quite sure of the system requirements yet as I need to test all computer vision libraries available, but I hope it will work smoothly with S7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flydrone
S7 is my main test device and produces butter smooth video with almost no framedrops. Highly recommended and unless you have specific needs is still a good phone for daily use. Of course the camera isn't on par with the latest models but other than that I can't see much in the S10 that impresses me much

S4 is minimum spec but it can struggle a bit, and produce more framedrops. S5 is good enough, but for VR the S6/S7 is the much better choice due to the screen resolution. It can show full resolution of Tello on both eyes.

Currently I am trying to see how many escalation levels the review process has at Apple. But I don't think this will lead to anything at all. So work has started on the Android port of TelloMe. I am not quite sure of the system requirements yet as I need to test all computer vision libraries available, but I hope it will work smoothly with S7.
Thanks to all for the recommendations. Since I don't fly the Tello much (thanks to Oklahoma weather, I don't fly anything much right now) I'll probably get something like an S5 on EBay.

s5 is fine, but s6/7 have much better displays in case you ever want to look into VR FPV
I agree, that way you won't be in the position I am a year later. Plus you'll have the benefit of a better phone in the meantime. Faster CPU and much better screen resolution is well worth it.

Spend the extra 40 bucks, you won't be sorry... skip the S6 and go for the S7. I don't remember exactly why, but long ago I decided I didn't like the S6 *

*eta: Googled it and found out why - the S6 does not have an SD card slot o_O

Last edited:
I'm seeing prices on Ebay for anywhere between $65.99 to $159.00. Lots of choices. Since it doesn't have to work as a phone, I can go fairly cheap and leave it hooked up to my GameSir remote control. Such a deal! Thanks again for the recommendations.

if you can get an S7 with a SIM card problem its probably the best deal. That problem is expensive to fix so they sell very low, and you don't need the SIM anyway

That's a great idea. We have a bunch of cell phone repair shops around here-I wonder if they'd be a good place to find one of these?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv