Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Basic questions about drone from beginner(s)

EdzaLV

Reaction score
Hi. Recently bought this drone. Nicely done but too weak even with propeller guards this happened on second day on not so much windy day was carried away
1zxth60.jpg
Does spare parts come to be purchased? Also i have question about charging drones battery
2hhzwc5.jpg
Is it OK to use standart charger 5V 2,1 A like most handheld devices use?

Reactions: otto31
Hello. Welcome to the forum. Yes, props break, indoors, outdoor, with and without prop guards. As you can see from the picture, and this is certainly not ALL the broken parts in my collection, props break, so do prop guards, OEM and aftermarket parts both, I got my first Tello for Christmas, we now have 4, between my significant other, the grandchildren and myself, we have crashed many times, into many, many things. I have crashed full speed straight into a tree, and slowly into the wall, inside. The Tree, ironically, did little to no damage, whereas the wall has taken several props and guards. My advice is to use only OEM parts, the red guards( from China, aftermarket) break very easily, the clear props snap right in half, hard brittle plastic, even the OEM props bend and break, it's inevitably going to happen. With the release of the new Iron man model, Ryze has made red guards and props, ideal for orientation of the drone while flying. Quite useful for someone who is just starting out. You can buy the following OEM parts, Blue, yellow and white covers, props, guards and batteries. Amazon has many of them, or Google, expect the parts to be shipped from China and take a while, DJI, also China, sells them and the iron man parts and usually takes longer. In the USA you can get most parts from best buy, target, Frys electronics, etc. Amazon is a sure bet though. I recommend getting the right charger, at $15- $20 ea. batteries are the most expensive item, would be a shame to burn them up. Another piece of advice is simply giving the motors a short rest inbetween batteries, I switch back and forth between the two yellow drones, giving each at least a 10 min rest between flights. Another thing to consider, make sure that you have the right props in the right positions, 10 and 4 o'clock get the "marked" props, your Tello will NOT fly otherwise. Hopefully this info will be of some help, if not to you then others who are wondering the same thing(s)

Pilot 47

Attachments

• Broken TELLO parts2.jpg
    Broken TELLO parts2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
Thanks for advice. But seriously today was just a bit windy but drone lost control and got stuck in tree(best case scenario cause can get out). On youtube i saw video that this drone even can fly up to 30m instead of default 10m but wouldn't it cause signal to be compromised and even more wind? I'm not new to RemoteControl vehicles just new to drones. When device uses water or earth it is more stable than air which not allow any error of device or user input without punishing with total crash. Just like with real life transport.

Reactions: RC-Archer
Hello. Welcome to the forum. Yes, props break, indoors, outdoor, with and without prop guards. As you can see from the picture, and this is certainly not ALL the broken parts in my collection, props break, so do prop guards, OEM and aftermarket parts both, I got my first Tello for Christmas, we now have 4, between my significant other, the grandchildren and myself, we have crashed many times, into many, many things. I have crashed full speed straight into a tree, and slowly into the wall, inside. The Tree, ironically, did little to no damage, whereas the wall has taken several props and guards. My advice is to use only OEM parts, the red guards( from China, aftermarket) break very easily, the clear props snap right in half, hard brittle plastic, even the OEM props bend and break, it's inevitably going to happen. With the release of the new Iron man model, Ryze has made red guards and props, ideal for orientation of the drone while flying. Quite useful for someone who is just starting out. You can buy the following OEM parts, Blue, yellow and white covers, props, guards and batteries. Amazon has many of them, or Google, expect the parts to be shipped from China and take a while, DJI, also China, sells them and the iron man parts and usually takes longer. In the USA you can get most parts from best buy, target, Frys electronics, etc. Amazon is a sure bet though. I recommend getting the right charger, at $15- $20 ea. batteries are the most expensive item, would be a shame to burn them up. Another piece of advice is simply giving the motors a short rest inbetween batteries, I switch back and forth between the two yellow drones, giving each at least a 10 min rest between flights. Another thing to consider, make sure that you have the right props in the right positions, 10 and 4 o'clock get the "marked" props, your Tello will NOT fly otherwise. Hopefully this info will be of some help, if not to you then others who are wondering the same thing(s)

Pilot 47

Are those parts in your photo 3D printed? They look rough around the edges...

I've had my Tello a while and never crashed it once, I fly carefully and have never had any issues with props or battery failures. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv