Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Bluetooth controller?!?

Mikemercer89

Reaction score
I will be looking to order a controller tonight, Any advice on what would be best.is hugely appreciated, everything iv seen points to the gamesir controllers, I'm using a s7edge so could someone please confirm which model would be compatible please,
Thanks in advance :D

T1D is the one recomended by Ryze Robotics. You can also use Octopus if you own an Android device and use any bluetooth controller. I personally use a Steelseries Stratus XL.

I beleive that Ryze or DJI did that in bad faith to make more money. Any controller can get the job done. Why limit the app with that specific controller?

T1D is the one recomended by Ryze Robotics. You can also use Octopus if you own an Android device and use any bluetooth controller. I personally use a Steelseries Stratus XL.
I decided to give this solution a go being as I already owned a Stratus XL. It's possible I missed something in the settings for the Octopus app that could have improved my experience but for me there was SO much lag I nearly crashed my brand new Tello! All that lag seemed to defeat the purpose of using a dedicated controller in the first place. A few minutes of that frustration had me running back into the arms of the Tello app for flight control!

I decided to give this solution a go being as I already owned a Stratus XL. It's possible I missed something in the settings for the Octopus app that could have improved my experience but for me there was SO much lag I nearly crashed my brand new Tello! All that lag seemed to defeat the purpose of using a dedicated controller in the first place. A few minutes of that frustration had me running back into the arms of the Tello app for flight control!
My problem with the Octopus app was different. The command would not stick and I couldn't turn right or fly forwards. I bought aTello Pilot which support the Stratus XL native and now it works like a dream. If you are still experiencing lag, you can connect the controller directly to your android and fly via OTG. Works beautifully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv