Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Bought a Tello combo package so I don't paste my Autel Evo

Flip

Reaction score
Bought the Telllo as an inexpensive alternative to crashing my expensive EVO and having my wife relegate me to sleeping in the garage. I decided that is I crash the Rello, it was better than crashing the EVO from a pocketbook standpoint.

Haven't flown it yet (just got it yesterday) but will shortly. Got all the batteries charged up and ready to go. Downloaded the Tello app on the same Lenovo 10.1HD Tab my Autel Explorer app is on so I can use the same tablet for both drones. Of course I won't be using the Lifthor tablet holder for the Tello, that us just for the Evo.

Cute little drone, tiny compared to the EVO.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .(y)

Reactions: Flip
I will. I cannot believe how tiny it is. Fits in my hand. The EVO won't. I was very hesitant about buying any DJI product, I don't like Geofencing at all, why I bought the Autel in the first place, I'm an adult (70) and the EVO will have a commercial drone pilot license in force when I fly it as I plan on using it for profit.

Very compact tiny package, Should be fun to fly. I'll use my Lenovo Tab 10.5 same one I have for the EVO.

I won't be the only pilot with the Tello. One of my customers wife bought him a DJI Mavic for his birthday and like me, has no flight experience and like me, don't want to crash the expensive drone so we will both be learning with the Tello

I'm thinking I need to get a wifi USB repeater for the Tello and will probably increase the range of the EVO as well but not sure what to get, so I'll take some advice on that if anyone has any.

Reactions: akward59
A great little drone. We instruct and mentor middle school youth to fly drones. We start with the Tello and DJI Mavic Mini for indoor training. ( about six weeks and especially during the winter ) We the move to the Autel EVO, and the DJI air as a backup for outdoor ( GPS ) SAR training and flying. The Tello EDU is used for coding, math, and physic instruction. You will like the Tello for training, and flying skill maintenance.,

Reactions: Kyle Knox
Welcome to the forum Flip. Great place for information and sharing your photos and videos. Fly safe have fun. ??

I also downloaded the other Tello app but I see it's not free. How much is it and how much better is it?

I have the Lifthor tablet mount for the EVO, quite bulky, especially with the hood on.

Finally got some time to fly it. Works on my Android pocket phone and my Lenovo Tab 10.

Got dark outside so I moved inside. The cats find it very interesting, my wife, not so much. I almost gave her a haircut with it.

Glad I got the combo pack, the Tello battery don't last very long but I have 2 extra's. Found out my Li-Ion battery pack I use for my CPAP machine when I go hunting works fine for charging up the batteries. Been using it to charge both the phone and the tablet.

Certainly has a precise hover and lands very gently too.

The onscreen virtual joysticks are a bit touchy but I'll get used to that.

Image is very clear and stable too. Not an EVO but not the cost either.

Will be a good learner for me before I venture into the world of a big drone.

Probably get a controller at some point and a case so I can take it with me in the pickup truck and in the farm tractors. Should be able to take some interesting video's and pictures.

All in all, a nice little pocket drone. I'm impressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv