Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Broken power switch - easy fix

bigbaldbloke

Reaction score
Hi all.

So droid #3 of my spares or repairs lot is the first to be resurrected - and it couldn't have been easier.

The problem was a broken power switch. When I removed the base cover the issue was obvious - the tab that the button presses had snapped off (see first picture for the part that was missing).

I opened her up to see if I could activate the switch with a paperclip, and ended up breaking the switch cover off. While this sounds bad, what it allowed me to see was that the actual switch mechanism isn't a sideways movement as the picture suggests, but a pressing down one (the switch itself looks like a metal disc).

I popped the cover back on, got my positioning right and made a small hole in it. Now, it's a case of battery in, then use a SIM tray opener to press the actuator. Job's a good un! Just need to pop a tiny bit of insulation tape over the hole while the Tello's in use.

Attachments

• 2020-05-23 13.35.19.jpg
    2020-05-23 13.35.19.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 88
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-24 at 22.05.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-24 at 22.05.44.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: akward59
I opened the bottom cover, but the metal disc does not appear under the key cover. What is the reason? I'm afraid to do something wrong

d9b2442f-69b2-4f8d-9387-4027a0bfedf1.jpg

It looks like the housing has already broken off. Try connecting the battery and then pushing the part that I've circled using something small. The light should start flashing as it goes through its boot sequence.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    357.5 KB · Views: 31

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv