Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Calibration and other issues (sometimes)

jannie

Reaction score
My tello sometimes moves sideways inside (so no wind), in other words the VPS doesn't seem to work well. After restart it works fine again, so it doesnt seem to be an engine problem or anything like that.

Another weird thing is that with a shiny white underground, the drone's positioning system sometimes seems to flip, making the drone get stuck to the ceiling.

Wondering if anyone else had these problems?

My tello sometimes moves sideways inside (so no wind), in other words the VPS doesn't seem to work well. After restart it works fine again, so it doesnt seem to be an engine problem or anything like that.

Another weird thing is that with a shiny white underground, the drone's positioning system sometimes seems to flip, making the drone get stuck to the ceiling.

Wondering if anyone else had these problems?

Just to confirm, I occasionally see indoor sideways drift, on a fresh battery, especially if lighting conditions are poor. But then a restart usually stabilizes things. I have been experimenting with programmatic flying via python and node.js and I see instability at the start of a session but this improves over time. Haven't tried things outdoors yet.

I do not have a shiny white ground situation where I fly so can't confirm that.

Reactions: jannie
Thanks for your response. Good to know you have the same "issue". Here the problem is more common in weak lightning as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843