Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Canadian Content

Nola

Reaction score
Hello members, I live in Langley BC, a town about 30 minutes outside of Vancouver.

I've owned a couple mini-copters, and an air hogs dr1 quad which I had for about 4 months and really enjoyed flying around the house pestering the wife, kids, and dog until I unintentionally landed it on my 14 year old daughters head and it sucked up her hair....lol.....anyway...the next time I flew it to close to her head she slapped it out of the air King Kong style and it crashed and broke beyond fixing.?

Which brings me to the Tello, after a lot of online research, I decided the tello would be the next logical step up....anyway, have ordered tello, gamesir t1d, xiaomi, power source, and have downloaded the AltLimitTELLO app.

Looking forward to it all arriving and being part of the community.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .

Hello members, I live in Langley BC, a town about 30 minutes outside of Vancouver.

I've owned a couple mini-copters, and an air hogs dr1 quad which I had for about 4 months and really enjoyed flying around the house pestering the wife, kids, and dog until I unintentionally landed it on my 14 year old daughters head and it sucked up her hair....lol.....anyway...the next time I flew it to close to her head she slapped it out of the air King Kong style and it crashed and broke beyond fixing.?

Which brings me to the Tello, after a lot of online research, I decided the tello would be the next logical step up....anyway, have ordered tello, gamesir t1d, xiaomi, power source, and have downloaded the AltLimitTELLO app.

Looking forward to it all arriving and being part of the community.

Cheers
You'll enjoy it. But I strongly advise you to cancel your order for the T1D and order the T1S as well as a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable. The bluetooth connection between the controller and phone introduces a great deal of response and video lag. You will need to use aTelloPilot rather than the OEM Tello app, but there is a world of difference.

You'll enjoy it. But I strongly advise you to cancel your order for the T1D and order the T1S as well as a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable. The bluetooth connection between the controller and phone introduces a great deal of response and video lag. You will need to use aTelloPilot rather than the OEM Tello app, but there is a world of difference.

Just for the records: TelloFpv also supports USB OTG controllers. Maybe start with some USB gamepad you have in a drawer.

ok, so if I understand correctly, with t1s, using otg cable I can connect my iPhone to the controller and no need for BT.

a tello pilot app? I can't find it.....can u explain?

Is this an android issue? And do i still need to get t1s and otg as I'm IOS, and if I do will the OEM app work with my iPhone 7?

Cheers

Last edited:
Just for the records: TelloFpv also supports USB OTG controllers. Maybe start with some USB gamepad you have in a drawer.

TelloFpv? Is that an app? I can't find it? Can u explain?

I'm IOS, is this an Android issue?

Cheers

Last edited:
ok, so if I understand correctly, with t1s, using otg cable I can connect my iPhone to the controller and no need for BT.

a tello pilot app? I can't find it.....can u explain?

Is this an android issue? And do i still need to get t1s and otg as I'm IOS, and if I do will the OEM app work with my iPhone 7?

Cheers
I'm not using IOS any more (since I ditched my iPhone 7+), so can't say for sure whether it's available for IOS or not, but the name of the app I'm referring to is aTelloPilot (all one word). And it's possible that using a bluetooth connection between your phone and controller; again, I can't say since I switched to Android quite a while ago now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode