Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Carrying stuff

Fari

Reaction score
I am starting to think about being efficient at carrying my gear.

Without a car I mean, when I fly around.

Gizmo's agility gain when being piloted by a controller is significant.

Handling the monitor (my cellphone) is getting annoying.

I used the kinda selfie stick on the picture today.

I'll go and shop at an army surplus shop for a new bag and carrying gear soon.

Suggestions, experiences and toughts are very welcome.

(Edit: Oh and Gizmo's got a new set of propellers, Iron Man edition is easier to find in the grass :) )

Attachments

• IMG_20200802_063630.jpg
    IMG_20200802_063630.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Suval
Haha I will follow the answers they give you, I am still putting together my team. What controller do you use? Is it OTG? Is there really much difference between having it or not? regards

Haha I will follow the answers they give you, I am still putting together my team. What controller do you use? Is it OTG? Is there really much difference between having it or not? regards

Logitech generic gaming controller, I purchased that for Steam play but I do not really play. Now it have found its use!

It's plug and play with a nice "Logitech controller discovered" popup on Tello FPV. Can't say for original Ryze app. You need an adapter to convert from usb to your phone.

Much differences. Wait for more videos for exemples.

But I can tell ya that I'm not really confortable giving the control of Gizmo to someone else over phone but with the gaming controller everyone is kinda already confortable with fpv suddenly.

Plus it allows to have a game controller "student" and phone "master" control. I can emergency stop and control Gizmo if my "student" is getting panicked. That is awesome.

I'm not so confortable with phone screens neither, altough the possibility of flying without any controller is still a fantastic plus.

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_094900.jpg
    IMG_20200801_094900.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 11
Got out lighter today with only a small shoulder bag, cellphone clipped on bag and game controller always plugged in.

Could'nt burn all 4 batteries this morning cuz I crashed badly and broke a propeler

• Wow
I am starting to think about being efficient at carrying my gear.

Without a car I mean, when I fly around.

Gizmo's agility gain when being piloted by a controller is significant.

Handling the monitor (my cellphone) is getting annoying.

I used the kinda selfie stick on the picture today.

I'll go and shop at an army surplus shop for a new bag and carrying gear soon.

Suggestions, experiences and toughts are very welcome.

(Edit: Oh and Gizmo's got a new set of propellers, Iron Man edition is easier to find in the grass :) )
If I’m just taking Tello, it all fits into my small carrying case, including WiFi extender & power block. If I add others, I just use a backpack....?

If I’m just taking Tello, it all fits into my small carrying case, including WiFi extender & power block. If I add others, I just use a backpack....?

I also almost always carry a bag. But opening a bag to "setup" at every battery change is getting too much. I know my old juggler's bag had done it's time and a new bag will solve some problems like the batteries.

But I'm after things like gear to easy clip Gizmo, the controller and the monitor

To be able to do stuff like :
Clip Gizmo, climb a tree, sit down in the tree, unclip gizmo, fly.
And holding the phone|monitor also. I'll try these joggers armband I guess.

Reactions: FlyingTiger
I also almost always carry a bag. But opening a bag to "setup" at every battery change is getting too much. I know my old juggler's bag had done it's time and a new bag will solve some problems like the batteries.

But I'm after things like gear to easy clip Gizmo, the controller and the monitor

To be able to do stuff like :
Clip Gizmo, climb a tree, sit down in the tree, unclip gizmo, fly.
And holding the phone|monitor also. I'll try these joggers armband I guess.
Sounds like a plan!!

• Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv