Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Cat S60 does not work with Tello app and Tello FPV app

SJLPHI

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to share a disappointing but not so surprising news that Cat S60 phone does not work with the Tello. I can connect to its network but the app doesn't pick up that it's there.

then it's just incompatible. I will mark it so for my apps, so people can't download or purchase for such phone

Seems to depend on the OS version / ROM.
Google play console shows a handful of installations on S60 and a 5 star rating from them

Okay, I feel a little dumb. Now it's working. I have to go into airplane mode and make sure bluetooth is off as well (which is not an issue because I use OTG with T1S controller anyways).

With airplane mode on, wifi on, bluetooth off. The Cat S60 phone works with stock Tello app and Tello FPV apps. The video seem significantly lower quality than from my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Well, Cat S60 is the kind of phone that I really really really like. It can take a beating and has a few physical keys (I still miss the flip keyboard), waterproof and with thermal camera. Considering that my current favourite laptop is Panasonic CF-19, it matches what I need well.

It's just that the software development for the phone is abysmal at best. I can't blame Caterpillar since the company isn't really all about consumer electronics.

I know that phone well, a friend had one until he dropped something sharp onto it's glass. But it held surprisingly well, given that he constantly uses it on construction sites.
But without the bottle opener it just doesn't make sense for me personally :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv