Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Connection issue with Tello

EpsilonSigma

Reaction score
Hi

I bought the Tello last autumn and was able to fly it fine then. Did not use it during the winter, had it inside its original package without the batterypack, in a dry and roomtemp spot the whole winter.
I pulled it out yesterday to go get some flyin done, but i when i turned it on it started blinkin yellow fast. I tried to connect to it with my Samsung Xcover 4 like i did in the autumn.
The phone started making the connection to the Tello but suddenly just dropped down the list of Wifi connections, i tried to press it again to get it to reconnect but it did not react to the command, neither did any of the other wifi-connections on the list, so i shut off the wifi on the phone, Tello was still blinkin yellow. I turned the on the wifi again and no list appeared just a small circle indicating it was searching. Ok, i thouhgt and decided to reboot the whole phone, wich i did, hey presto wifi was back again and i could see the connections again, also Tello-wifi. Now i had settings so that it connected automatically to my home wifi, i forgot the home network and then tried to connect again to Tello. The same i just described earlier happened again. So while rebooting, i then decided to google a little and i did find alot on connection issues and how to fix them, so i rebooted the Tello-wifi by doing the 5-8sec press when it was on. Tried again to connect, got the same result as earlier, no help.

Now i hope someone could throw me a bone here, cause this is really frustrating, did i mention i also tried it with another Xcover 4 i use for work, and the same happened to that one too, Tello killed my Wifi and only reboot brought it back. Now i did read about firmware updating having something to do with the issue, i havent updated the firmware, ever. And because of the connection issue i cannot even try to update the firmware , yes i tried hold the button for 5-8 sec before getting the pulsing red light. My phone wifi still gets screwd if i connect to Tello-wifi even in that mode.

Am i doing something wrong or is the drone wifi just shot becase it was unused for a few months?

Have you tried:
1. disconnect from your home Wi-Fi and forget all remembered Wi-Fi before you try to connect to the tello?

2. A different brand phone besides the xcover 4?

3. Is the xcover 4 the same phone you used the last time you flew it?

or is the drone wifi just shot becase it was unused for a few months?

Wi-Fi and other electronics don't 'go bad' just because it sits around awhile.

Have you tried:
1. disconnect from your home Wi-Fi and forget all remembered Wi-Fi before you try to connect to the tello?

2. A different brand phone besides the xcover 4?

3. Is the xcover 4 the same phone you used the last time you flew it?

Wi-Fi and other electronics don't 'go bad' just because it sits around awhile.

1. Yes , did not help

2. Dont have another brand available at the moment , really doubt its the phone since (3) its the same i used in the autumn

1. Yes , did not help

2. Dont have another brand available at the moment , really doubt its the phone since (3) its the same i used in the autumn

Had the chance to test with a Huawei Pad and iPad, it worked fine, problem most likely in the Android phone Wifi.
Still trying to sort it out cause its easier to carry the phone than a pad and i dont want to buy a new device just to fly the Tello

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv