Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Connectivity Dramas.

Brett105

Reaction score
Hi yโ€™all, Happy New Year and welcome new members.

๐ˆ ๐š๐—บ ๐ง๐—ผ๐ญ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ญ๐—ผ ๐๐ซ๐—ผ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐—ผ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐—ผ๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐—บ ๐ˆ๐—บ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐—ผ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ญ.

My Tello isnโ€™t connecting to my phone, no picture, ๐Ÿšซ it has this symbol on the Wifi icon, that part is new to me.

I have reinstalled the app with no success several times. I have watched a YouTube video just to make sure I havenโ€™t missed something very basic, at the moment I am stuck without a clue to what I have to do.

When I go into the phone settings with the drone switched on, I select Tello- D8S5D8 in Wifi Setting which results in saying No Internet but has a โœ… next to Tello.

Once Iโ€™m into the app I choose settings and Wifi and no name of the drone shows or password.

I am able to connect the controller via Bluetooth but thatโ€™s it. I have tried entering it in manually with no luck.

Is there a reset option to bring it back to out of the box condition? Itโ€™s not an old drone, although I have put off asking for help for 12 months or more.

Any help would be much appreciated, I look forward to anyoneโ€™s help and thanks in advance. Kind regards Brett105

For future reference of new pilots: Most likely the phone drops / ignores the connection because Tello's wifi doesn't offer internet services.
Some phones ask what to do about the wifi link: keep or drop?
In some phones there is a global setting for this.
Some phones ask only once on the first connection.
Android has had these issues (bug or feature?) for a looong time, but a year or so ago iOS went the same route.

For most -but not all- phones there is an easy fix:
activate airplane / flight mode on the phone and then re-enable only wifi to connect to tello's wifi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan