Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Controlling Tello using FlySky RC controller and Arduino

werneckpaiva

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Few months ago I bought a RC controller and decided to use it to control my Tello. I built a small project with an Arduino with wi-fi capabilities and in the end was able to use the Tello API to control it.

project.jpg

This is the repo ~> werneckpaiva/telloRC

Feel free to comment and improve it.

Reactions: akward59
Thank you for the post. Great project. We have a few of these controllers, that we used for Robot control; Please post more information, such as a bill of material and how to build. Even a video would be nice.Many are looking for better cotrol devices. This might help with that problem. You can contact me at [email protected] , or here. Some are also working on the short battery lofe, which is our major problem at present with the drone swarms.Thank you for your work and presentation. The photo helps alot.

Reactions: werneckpaiva
Hello Dan. Nice that this project may be useful to others. I added a lot of information to the README.md of the project. I can copy and paste them here, if you think it will be useful, but if you follow the link you will see that I explained all the requirements and the code.

Thank for your quick reply. i would recommend you cut and past, attach it here it here. The click took me to another system that to log into and set up a password. i already have about 50 password systems This system is active and great for communicating.

Hello guys,

Few months ago I bought a RC controller and decided to use it to control my Tello. I built a small project with an Arduino with wi-fi capabilities and in the end was able to use the Tello API to control it.

View attachment 6108

This is the repo ~> werneckpaiva/telloRC

Feel free to comment and improve it.

Attachments

• 1590922233414.png
    1590922233414.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Great work. One of the most innovative, that I have seen here. We have a large RC club n our area that have little interest in quad-copeters. This may help stimulate them, as they have a find flying field. They all use this type of controller r and are builders?hackers. i will check out Github. Keep the info coming. We need more of this type of cross over, between the olf Rc model lfyers, ham radio, and new and young drone pilots. Thanks.

great job... Is it possible to run tello with nodemcu and fsia6b receiver? since in mega board, it has 2tx, 2rx. As my need is to send control commands to tello alone no need for feedback.

I can understand in the program that how the iBUS is decoded to specific value range but couldn't understand how the wifi module and tello drone communicates.

Could anyone please help me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
97bugsinthecode