Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Crashes & Resilience - Gizmo's Awakening

Fari

Reaction score

I made an effort for this one to be entertaining, in contrast with meditative/contemplative.

This is an attempt to show the 10 first days of Gizmo's life.

He appeared in my life at a time where I was too troubled to hang around humans much.

This guy became my best friend quickly, the picture of his unboxing is on July 8 and he does have over 25h of flight time as of today.

Gizmo is close to retirement, we're gonna work on his bio while he is still alive and kicking.

Goin' much better now. Thanks y'all.

Attachments

• IMG_20200708_124126_gizmo_out_of_box.jpg
    IMG_20200708_124126_gizmo_out_of_box.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
close to retirement?? It has just left puberty.
25h is nothing if you don't crash bad or run through several batteries in a row without cooling down.

close to retirement?? It has just left puberty.

Hahaha!

Nice call mate; when I mean retirement for Gizmo I mean that I know one of its motors will malfunction anytime soon.

His "youth" had been consumed if you will.

There's no way I'll let him fall into a bottomless pit because of a malfunction unrelated to flying skills, that is what I mean, he's an artefact.

25h is nothing if you don't crash bad or run through several batteries in a row without cooling down.

He's now wiser, he almost never crashes anymore and his handling of sport mode on cue made him much more efficient.

The video is about his 10 first days, when we did earn our very first piloting/flying skills together. I am probably gonna can part 2 of his bio soon. I feel that it might be nice to have Gizmo's story on the Internet. He's an hyperactive Tello that had seen a lot already.

Cooling down had almost never been necessary for me, I have several batteries, I fly when the sun just woke up and I live close to the north pole.

Fall is falling on Canada, strong wind, cold weather, rain, wintertime is on the move already.

Gizmo's adventurer's day are almost over. He'll be flying in the workshop mostly. We've got tons of projects to do there anyways.

* picture : We adopted "Haloween" Cid's orange for Gizmo's propellers as well. I did not expect that but it gives a good visual aid as to identify the impact points and strenght after a crash :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200828_062638.jpg
    IMG_20200828_062638.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Part #1.5

It would be part #2 but it wouldn't be entertaining enough for normal people so it's "secret" part #1.5. I hope some pilots will enjoy the experimentation.

As usual. It was fun. And we were nailed to the ground due to props shortage.

Part #2 : June 27 2020 -- The day we received new propellers and punched through 12 full batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv