Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Crowd Counting using Tello

frequency

Reaction score
Dear All,

Anyone know any program using tello to count crowd?
E.g. I have a picture of a football team using tello to count the people in the picture

Thanks

Best Regard,
frequency

I am very sure that such things does not exist.
Tello's camera isn't good enough to provide the resolution required for reliable crowd counting.
And if you have a static picture: why would you want Tello to perform such task? A tello specific app would only make sense if you need this in realtime. Otherwise just run a program over the photo / video.

I was task to do a simple project for students but yet to see amy code available

Ah, ok. doesn't sound that simple, but of course depends on the student's age and experience.

I will write a code to this task(face detect) as amend code from this.

perhaps can it soon.
then, I will upload a new code to github.

Reactions: frequency
I could easily add a face count to TelloMe. But I guess thats not what you are looking for

Just a side note:
You will realize that face detection on somewhat blurry in-flight video frames is not like face detection on a nice static high-res DSLR photo.
And even on the static photo your detector missed player #9. Like one of my (dark skinned) reviewers said in a video: Black people have contrast issues.

I needed and implemented real time people count in players' position baricenter tracking. This is very usefull for half field basketball matches (if I play I can't control my tello!), See this demo:

Dear All,

Anyone know any program using tello to count crowd?
E.g. I have a picture of a football team using tello to count the people in the picture

Thanks

Best Regard,
frequency
Have alook at
People Counting with OpenCV, Python & Ubidots
I'm quite sure that ubidots isn't necessary, it gives you an idea how to count people. I haven't tested it myself, yet. If you want to count faces only it is fairly easy to make use of opencv's cv2.CascadeClassifier and the cascades/haarcascade_fontalface_default.xml which comes already with opencv.

Which platform do you plan to use? And what is the average age of your students. For pupils It could become quite challenging .
I have an approach to catch the video stream in openvc which is exact what you are looking for. And independent from the program to control tello, but both (video catcher and tello steering) must run on the same machine.
Be ware not all opencv implementation support this feature. I use the opencv implementation on Windows which you can install from pipy. On Raspberry/Linux I built it on my own. Not such easy.

See my answer here:
Taking Pictures with Tello Drone using Python 3

Last edited:
Have alook at
People Counting with OpenCV, Python & Ubidots
I'm quite sure that ubidots isn't necessary, it gives you an idea how to count people. I haven't tested it myself, yet. If you want to count faces only it is fairly easy to make use of opencv's cv2.CascadeClassifier and the cascades/haarcascade_fontalface_default.xml which comes already with opencv.

Which platform do you plan to use? And what is the average age of your students. For pupils It could become quite challenging .
I have an approach to catch the video stream in openvc which is exact what you are looking for. And independent from the program to control tello, but both (video catcher and tello steering) must run on the same machine.
Be ware not all opencv implementation support this feature. I use the opencv implementation on Windows which you can install from pipy. On Raspberry/Linux I built it on my own. Not such easy.

See my answer here:
Taking Pictures with Tello Drone using Python 3

Dear f41ardu,

Let me sent you message.

Thks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv