Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

DIY Vertical Collision guards - pretty good!

Yo-dude

Reaction score
I made a mod on my Tello and it works well if l do say so. I bored some holes into the edge of the prop guard, x4 and then ran 2 stiff wires across the body and stuck into the holes, creating a bowed arch above the Tello. It only weighs 4 grams and the balance is good. It is Great for indoor flying when the craft is headed hopelessly to the ceiling. The Tello will bump into the celing and harmlessly bounce down a bit and stay aloft with everything intact.

Attachments

• 20180328_235704.jpg
    20180328_235704.jpg
    997.8 KB · Views: 91
I made a mod on my Tello and it works well if l do say so. I bored some holes into the edge of the prop guard, x4 and then ran 2 stiff wires across the body and stuck into the holes, creating a bowed arch above the Tello. It only weighs 4 grams and the balance is good. It is Great for indoor flying when the craft is headed hopelessly to the ceiling. The Tello will bump into the celing and harmlessly bounce down a bit and stay aloft with everything intact.

Great job @Yo-dude, I really like your idea.
What type of wire did you use? Is the end of the wires just stuck into the holes and hold on its own?

Reactions: Skyfli and Yo-dude
Great job @Yo-dude, I really like your idea.
What type of wire did you use? Is the end of the wires just stuck into the holes and hold on its own?

Thanks. The wire is uhhhh, a think an aluminum tin mixture. Sorry not exactly sure. Found some stiff wires at a hardware store that were long enough. Indeally wanted carbon fiber but havent found any yet. The wires are just stuck in the holes and indeed hold their own. I will try sealing the bottom with model glue. But good as is.

Last edited:
Great mod, simple but effective

Reactions: Skyfli

It looks very neat and it's much lighter than the accessories sold for the same purpose, cheaper as well. Could even be a good structure for a kind of sky lantern project or a lot of arty ideas.

Good job!
Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv