Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

DJI Smart Controller + Tello?

Bakeneko

Reaction score
Is this or can this be a thing? Has anybody tried to play with this?

cheers and regards

My thoughts are it has Wifi connectivity, separate from its 2.4/5G transmitter. I was thinking just treat it like a mobile phone as to connecting to a Tello.

I installedthe apk on the SC easily enough, hit a hiccup as I can't set a password on the Tello at the moment, The SC for connectivity requires a password to connect and by default the Tello doesn't have one. My mobile phone is out of the -equation - stolen last week. When I can put a password on the Tello I shall report back.

I installedthe apk on the SC easily enough, hit a hiccup as I can't set a password on the Tello at the moment, The SC for connectivity requires a password to connect and by default the Tello doesn't have one. My mobile phone is out of the -equation - stolen last week. When I can put a password on the Tello I shall report back.
If you have not set a password for the Tello then it works perfect with both SC and Crystalsky.
With the Sc i downloaded via Google Play and on the crystalsky i downloaded the apk file.
In both cases it works without the Tello application asking for a password

Reactions: Bakeneko
I suspect the joystick sticks on the SC don't work though, which is the point of the SC. Otherwise it's a tablet that's needlessly bulky and heavy.

After experimentation that is the conclusion I came to. Fun , but a dead end. Cheers and regards

Hi Volatello, not yet , I use your app on my phone, will try later and report. BTW great app.

Cheers and regards

Reactions: volate!lo
I don't own a SC but I suppose they are using normal Android handling for the joysticks. At least I can't see a reason why they should re-invent the wheel.
In that case it clearly would not work with Ryze ello app, but should be OK with TelloFpv.

Reactions: Bakeneko
Hi, I can report that there are possible connectivity issues. I indtalled the Tello FPV apk, but after connecting Wifi , TelloFPV counts up in green caying "Connecting to TelloFPV #2" - the #number increments. The standard Ryze Tello app works fine.
Any insight greatly received

cheers and regards

Correct. Only copilot gives such messages. Try the free demo - or the full version if you have a license on that play store account.
Good catch - I did - the apk grabber I used went for copilot for some reason and I didn't spot it.
I shall try again. Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv