Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

DJI Smart Controller + Tello?

Yes thanks, I realise that. Cheers and regards. Your work on this is incredible, far and away superiour to the Tello app. Just brilliant.

Reactions: volate!lo
So you can confirm the full version works?

There are three things of interest:
1) joystick obviously, and all buttons
2) recorded video
3) screen recording (while recording video)

If all that works then all should work well.

And of course max range will be interesting...

Hi,
not yet, Play Store on the SC is still being awkward about "Device is not Play Protect certified"

My eyebrow is raised slighly that DJI and Google are not the best of friends in this respect. They are not doing themselfs any favours.

cheers

Brining up a dead top, maybe... This is what I am finding... The Tello is amped based, that need a cell phone, like IOS, or Android device with WiFi on it. Well, Google store side loaded to the SC will allow the apps for the Mini, and the Tello to be installed. I have not tested the Mini, but the Tello works with ) mods.. Install said app, connect to Wifi of Tell, save it for faster connections, and you in. Being the SC is dedicated for the Mavic, well...Should we say... A remote, yet not a Cell device. the power of the device is a ton more clear. Compre a new Iphone Max to SC... SC crushed the Iphone Max, due to many reasons im more then sure.

This open up what I was talking about over in the Mavic mini area... May allow SC use, due to a side load. This will allow use of this darn so expensive cool SC, Over Mavic 2 only.

Tello app works on CS but can I connect an android controller to it ?. Tested Qtraq bluetooth dongle, doesn't work. Anybody tried to connect a controller to CS to a Tello ?

Attachments

• 20200419_180046.jpg
    20200419_180046.jpg
    891.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
@volate!lo , any chance of adding c1 and c2, allowing them to be mappable?

1) Sticks,5D, Both wheels, record and camera buttons work fine for me.

2) Recording video seems fine so far, no issues

3) Will try both TelloFPV screenrorder and the built in DJI recorder and report back if you'd like.

Thanks

Last edited:
@volate!lo , any chance of adding c1 and c2, allowing them to be mappable?

1) Sticks,5D, Both wheels, record and camera buttons work fine for me.

2) Recording video seems fine so far, no issues

3) Will try both TelloFPV screenrorder and the built in DJI recorder and report back if you'd like.

Thanks
Nope, sorry.
Given the app logic behind the mapping its fairly unlikely that this would work (plus I don't have a SC to try it).

Reactions: CallmeDash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv