Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Drone log

Today I tried to read your LOG files into CsvView. I got this error messages from 1545821882163.DAT:

I don't know what is the problem. Sorry :(
I don't get these errors. Maybe it's related to the changes you've made in the CsvView/defs/datGenericPlayers.pml file?

Hi all.
It has now hosted 2 sad days in our home.
my son 11 years old got a Tello for Christmas and was of course happy. He has now flown tello every day. Inside when the weather has not allowed the flight outside. I have told him I do not want him to fly outside alone as there is so much to watch out for. We have been out several times to fly the drone and he had good control. On Sunday afternoon, he went out alone to fly without me being aware of it. Suddenly I heard someone running outside the house so I went out to see it was. Then I saw my son outside and it seemed like he was looking for something. I asked what you were looking for and he said the drone disappeared. we then began to look everywhere in the gate of the neighbor but could not find it.
What makes it harder is that he didn't record video or took pictures. I have been searching for lots online to find out how to track where it has flown. I then came across this thread but info on the log on the phone. I have downloaded csvview and datcon but struggle to find out which direction and how far it has flown. hope someone here on the forum could help me on the right track.

The questions I'm left with are:
1. Is the direction of the track correct or is it random and must be rotated in the right direction when it is laid over the map?
I have a suspicion that I have to rotate the track about 90-100 degrees.
2. What scale is the standard that comes out in csvview geoplayer?
3: Is there an opportunity to determine how far and in what direction drones have flown?

I don't get to add rulers to Geoplayer. the one who gets it could please upload their entire datGenericPlayers.pml file here.

Attached is the last log.

Attachments

• 1546789151117.zip
    454.8 KB · Views: 3
I don't get these errors. Maybe it's related to the changes you've made in the CsvView/defs/datGenericPlayers.pml file?

Sure, you are right and is my fault.

I'm affraid my changes for showing rulers only works well on aTelloPilot third part Tello app. When using into stock Tello app it fails :(

Maybe you could add rulers into your source ?

Tello pilots will be grateful to you.

Hi all.
It has now hosted 2 sad days in our home.
my son 11 years old got a Tello for Christmas and was of course happy. He has now flown tello every day. Inside when the weather has not allowed the flight outside. I have told him I do not want him to fly outside alone as there is so much to watch out for. We have been out several times to fly the drone and he had good control. On Sunday afternoon, he went out alone to fly without me being aware of it. Suddenly I heard someone running outside the house so I went out to see it was. Then I saw my son outside and it seemed like he was looking for something. I asked what you were looking for and he said the drone disappeared. we then began to look everywhere in the gate of the neighbor but could not find it.
What makes it harder is that he didn't record video or took pictures. I have been searching for lots online to find out how to track where it has flown. I then came across this thread but info on the log on the phone. I have downloaded csvview and datcon but struggle to find out which direction and how far it has flown. hope someone here on the forum could help me on the right track.

The questions I'm left with are:
1. Is the direction of the track correct or is it random and must be rotated in the right direction when it is laid over the map?
I have a suspicion that I have to rotate the track about 90-100 degrees.
2. What scale is the standard that comes out in csvview geoplayer?
3: Is there an opportunity to determine how far and in what direction drones have flown?

I don't get to add rulers to Geoplayer. the one who gets it could please upload their entire datGenericPlayers.pml file here.

Attached is the last log.

I'm sorry about your lost.

I supose your son flew using stock app. That's the reason rulers not working with your LOG files. Rules only works into LOG files created into aTelloPilot third part app.

I studied your log and see:

At start point (time ZERO) your coordinates were (0.02, 0.24)
start.jpg

Your last recorded coordinates at 13 seconds flying are (0.06 , 0.13). Thats about 14 meters distance, as you has to multiply by 100 every coordinate.
end.jpg

But unfortunately that is not the end of your flight. See your height (ignore minus sign), after a 5 meters maximun height your tello stays in the air at 1 or 2 meter height and surely crash at 33 seconds flight time.
whole.jpg

As you can see Tello follows a straigt line. True direction deppends on Tello orientation at startup.

I guess it would be wind direction that day.

Maybe @BudWalker can help you further as he is csview programmer.

all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruben
Have talked to my son. According to him, the drone flew in the direction of the point 14M in the street which is about 14 meters from the starting point. he says he got an error message on the screen about weak signal. The last thing he saw on the screen was a white plank fence.
after a few seconds, the screen went black. He also says that pressed the land button. He also says that the camera on the drone pointed towards the house when he took off, then rotated around.
I really appreciate the help I get.Tello HP.pngHigth.png

Today is a happy day. Never ever give up.
search then you will find. We have searched and searched since Sunday afternoon and we finally found it. We just haven't looked far away. It stood neatly and nicely on the snow. It looks as nice as when it was taken out of the box the first time on Christmas Eve. On Monday we had snow falling down which went over to rain, then to froze for ice. It was equally dry and nice can not see that it should have taken any damage from having been out for 4 days. has taken a test flight trip and everything looks to work ok. Thank you very much to those who have helped to debug the log and find the flight direction. I'm going to do some tests to better understand log data if it gets lost.Tello found.png

Hello Guys.
I lost my tello and i tried the steps u wrote here but i can 't plot the path. Can you help me?
I can send you the dat file.
thanks in advance

@flav986,

¿ why don't attach your DAT files here, in a public way ? that way, maybe someone can help you.

I warn you don't putting high hopes on this method, take into account Tello's LOGs are pretty unhelpful due lack of compass and GPS. Optical Flow is lot of inacuray.

Best regards.

Raul.

Hi!

Can anybody please help me out how to read the last Tello log that we fetched from the Tello App after that the Ryze Tello flew away and escaped from my son :-o
Been looking for the drone now several times, but can't find it back... :-(
See this thread with attached link toTello log file:

Thanks!
/Marcus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philipp.weisser@ksehingen