Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Drone to drone communication

Pieter

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to ping one drone from another drone so that one drone can ask information from another drone. I am doing an post graduate study in swarm automation and want to test drone to drone communication.

For sure impossible with Tello unless Ryze come up with an enhanced firmware (at least). Without GPS and anti-collision sensors I wouldn't trust an automated swarm of Tellos, not even within LOS.

One way or another all drones would need to be connected to the same network - either independent from individual remote controls or within, both scenarios are challenging. I do have certain doubts that a common drone has enough CPU power for all these extra operations, even when you intend controlling the swarm with a central controller (ground based PC or similar) and the drones "only" have to establish and maintain communication with that swarm commander.
On the other hand I could imagine that USAF and the like already have done some research on the topic....

Doesn't work on a tello. Nobody has found a way to run any code on tello so you'd have to ask Ryze. But since this likely involves DJI proprietary software they will just say no. easiest answer from their point of view

Computing power is not the problem if you use a central groundstation controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv