Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

ESPTelloCLI -- Experiments with Tello drone and ESP32/ESP8266

devdrone

Reaction score
ESPTelloCLI is a program for an ESP32 or ESP8266 board which gives access to the Tello SDK via a Command Line Interface (CLI) over USB serial port. This can be used to connect more than one Tello to a single PC. Managing multiple Tellos with one USB serial port per Tello should be easier than one WiFi interface per Tello. This has not been tested with newer Tellos but ESPTelloCLI is a pass through so does not limit which commands can be sent to the Tello. Telemetry from the
Tello state UDP port is also returned along with Tello responses.

Last edited:
For some reason, the link does not work. he method sounds interesting.

ESPTelloCLI is a program for an ESP32 or ESP8266 board which gives access to the Tello SDK via a Command Line Interface (CLI) over USB serial port. This can be used to connect more than one Tello to a single PC. Managing multiple Tellos with one USB serial port per Tello should be easier than one WiFi interface per Tello. This has not been tested with newer Tellos but ESPTelloCLI is a pass through so does not limit which commands can be sent to the Tello. Telemetry from the

Page not found!!!

Page not found
!

TelloSwarm from the DJITelloPy project modified to work with ESPTelloCLI. The code is in the github repo.

from swarm import TelloSwarm import time swarm = TelloSwarm.fromSerialSSID([ ["/dev/cu.usbserial-0001", "TELLO-xxxxxx"], ["/dev/cu.usbserial-10", "TELLO-yyyyyy"] ]) swarm.connect() swarm.get_battery() swarm.takeoff() swarm.rotate_clockwise(90) time.sleep(1) swarm.rotate_counter_clockwise(180) time.sleep(1) swarm.rotate_clockwise(90) time.sleep(1) swarm.land()

I can report that the ESPTelloCLI program works for me with a generic ESP32 Dev Board. I did have to update my ESP board manager to the 2.0.3 release in the Arduino IDE. Thanks @devdrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UcioVV