Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Request for help with choosing between Tello, Tello Edu and Tello Talent

lochotzke

Reaction score
hi,

my son would like a drone for his birthday. i found the tello for about 100 € and thought that it's a very good price for an educational drone. with extra batteries it would be 150 €.

i then read about the differences between the tello and the tello edu and came to the conclusion that the edu variant would be the better choice. with extra batteries that one is about 200 € though.

now i found out about the tello talent which would be about 300 € (3 regular tellos) with extra batteries and a charger. i like that there is an sdk and extra sensors can be attached but is it really worth it?

what else would i need besides the drone? i saw that a separate controller and a wifi range extender would be a could idea. which one should i choose?

thanks for any help
andré

An option would be to go in two steps:
  1. At first a Tello EDU (preferred, because it has more programming options)
  2. Second a seperate RMTT Expansion Kit later, if your son want's to go further
I saw the extension kit here: Buy RoboMaster TT Expansion Kit - DJI Store

In total, it is more expensive, but you save step 2 if there is not enough interest.

I did not see your son's age. Also what is his level of STEM education. Can he solder? Does he know Ohm's law and can he use it? can he build electronic DIY devices. The drone is only a tool to use augment those skills. Also to consider is the progression of the Tello. How long will each model be around in the future. The Tello was designed as a good indoor drone for the DYI group. Cost here seems to be a major factor also. So, it may be better to start at the bottom and lowest cost. If he is gifted in the science world with either interest or skills, buy the best. This is the Robomaster Tello Talent with the extension kit. We have about a dozen of these and teach many youth to code and use them. There are many challenges to this learning process. The most important is what software to use. There may be a cost here also. . There are also other good micro=drone drones for education available, if he has specfic interests, such as mapping, videography, etc. , I hope this helps some.

Hello again , i forgot to include this video of the unboxing of this two systems. The first we mad at Christmas time of the Kit, and then in June of the Robomaster Tello Talent for summer fun. We have many others there also. A cheap 3D printer enhances the learning process greatly as they can create with it for the drones.

Reactions: jeffjeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan