Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Experience using the Tello

Netfolks2000

Reaction score
Join me in this thread and share your unique experiences with the Tello. I have a Mavic and you all know its capabilities. But this evening I went out on my four-wheeler with my Tello. I don't have a case yet so I threw it in a hat, then into the front basket and off I went with my dog behind me on the seat. We stopped at about 4 places to launch the Tello. So easy, just connect and throw it up. In my evening excursion it never touched the ground. I read on one thread that if you grab it and turn it sideways the motors shut off. I tried that and it worked once when changing locations. The little Tello struggled in some places where it was too breezy but I managed to get the quick photos I needed when I raised it up. In other words, I rode out to get some nice photos and I succeeded. Because each "shoot" was short my battery lasted me on the little trip. Below are some examples. I didn't get Tello very high due to the breeze but the little bird was steady enough to get some nice shots. Around my house we call it the "baby drone". There are differences between drones. The large ones have their own characteristics. The medium ones have theirs. Now we have this "little guy" and it has its own little nitch, a quick to launch little flying camera that takes great photos, adequate videos and is a joy to fly. (Now where in the hell are those extra batteries we need?) So what has been your unique experience so far?

Attachments

• tello1.jpg
    tello1.jpg
    733.8 KB · Views: 15
  • tello2.jpg
    tello2.jpg
    854.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Yo-dude
So what has been your unique experience so far?

I'm similarly impressed.

And because I can control it well with my ever-present android Smart Phone and stylus, I intend to keep it with me in the attached case* as much as possible for selfies, etc.

*Type B079B9GGZH in the Amazon Search bar. Note that the case also holds 4 batteries in addition to the one mounted on the aircraft, plus a charging cable in the overhead mesh.

Although it will not fit in the case, the attached portable PowerAdd does easily fit into my handbag.

I love knowing that, once the batteries become available, I will have the ability to capture about an hour's worth of photos and video at any time, even without recharging.

Attachments

• Case.JPG
    Case.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 2
  • PowerAdd.JPG
    PowerAdd.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: Yo-dude
Join me in this thread and share your unique experiences with the Tello. I have a Mavic and you all know its capabilities. But this evening I went out on my four-wheeler with my Tello. I don't have a case yet so I threw it in a hat, then into the front basket and off I went with my dog behind me on the seat. We stopped at about 4 places to launch the Tello. So easy, just connect and throw it up. In my evening excursion it never touched the ground. I read on one thread that if you grab it and turn it sideways the motors shut off. I tried that and it worked once when changing locations. The little Tello struggled in some places where it was too breezy but I managed to get the quick photos I needed when I raised it up. In other words, I rode out to get some nice photos and I succeeded. Because each "shoot" was short my battery lasted me on the little trip. Below are some examples. I didn't get Tello very high due to the breeze but the little bird was steady enough to get some nice shots. Around my house we call it the "baby drone". There are differences between drones. The large ones have their own characteristics. The medium ones have theirs. Now we have this "little guy" and it has its own little nitch, a quick to launch little flying camera that takes great photos, adequate videos and is a joy to fly. (Now where in the hell are those extra batteries we need?) So what has been your unique experience so far?

Sounds great! Thanks for the pics! Im having trouble dealing with my pics on my android phone. What kind of phone fo you use? I have been experimenting with a wifi repeater/ booster. Got it to work but no real flight test to see how far l can extend the Tello's range.

Sounds great! Thanks for the pics! Im having trouble dealing with my pics on my android phone. What kind of phone fo you use? I have been experimenting with a wifi repeater/ booster. Got it to work but no real flight test to see how far l can extend the Tello's range.
I've used my Huawei Honor 6X, a Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and a Samsung Galaxy J7.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv