Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Extender

• Thread starter Deleted member 20250
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20250

Hi, is there another way to improve Tello's WIFI connection. I don't want to buy Xiaomi extender 2, I am looking to way to customize WIFI extender i recently seen this video on youtube is it real?
And is there a way to make it at home?

Reactions: Spider_dory
Hi, is there another way to improve Tello's WIFI connection. I don't want to buy Xiaomi extender 2, I am looking to way to customize WIFI extender i recently seen this video on youtube is it real?
And is there a way to make it at home?

Well, in the video it was shown that the extender used was a modified mi extender. So we do have to buy it first.

Also, I would expect range extenders like this would create the coverage in a conical or cylinderical shape. This means it can go far out but when it moves to the side it can easily drop out of coverage until you reposition the dish back.

Now, flying out of visual line of sight means you will lose all ways to see the aircraft and you won’t know what’s happening if it’s 300 meters away. You could be lucky and re-establish connection, or it could lost VPS and drift into something bad while it was disconnected.

Either way, if you’re flying in that environment far enough, it’s highly risky. The setup is only good for making videos like that showing off , but you never see them flying left and right with those type of antennae for this reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel