Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fast mode isnt fast.

routomatic

Reaction score
Hi,

so i got my tello yesterday.

I'm testing it indoors and decided to change it to fast mode.

And it does nothing with the speed, it is still like flying in slow settings.

is this a bug?

Thanks.

I don’t know how this works. But you really don’t want to fly real fast indoors. Unless you really want to crash the bird.

Reactions: routomatic
Also be aware that flying fast needs space to accelerate to higher velocities. You usually can’t get up to speed within the few meters of your rooms. Also you can check wether the virtual joysticks are surrounded by a blue color, which shows its in fast mode.

Also be aware that flying fast needs space to accelerate to higher velocities. You usually can’t get up to speed within the few meters of your rooms. Also you can check wether the virtual joysticks are surrounded by a blue color, which shows its in fast mode.

As Leonheart says space is key. Also the lower altitude you have, the pitch angle is not as great. Take out & up ?!!!!!

-M

-yes blue surrounds the controls.

I'll be checking on it once the weather is fine. thanks man!

Try to fly your Tello on more that of 2 meters of altitude, also at me happen if I fly near the ground but if you go beyond 1,5 m or 2 the tello go fast, but maybe depend also of the angle of the attitude, if you want fly very faster you do to set 25° but if you have 15 ° the tello is less speedest.

Attachments

• IMG_20180916_101507.jpg
    IMG_20180916_101507.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 44
Try to fly your Tello on more that of 2 meters of altitude, also at me happen if I fly near the ground but if you go beyond 1,5 m or 2 the tello go fast, but maybe depend also of the angle of the attitude, if you want fly very faster you do to set 25° but if you have 15 ° the tello is less speedest.

Hey i just tested it. It really needs to be at a certain altitude for it to trigger fast mode. Hahaha. thanks guys! I'm just too used with tinywhoops i guess.

Reactions: CruxMuzic
The latest firmware introduced this altitude dependent flying feature but it influences the drone even in slow flying. o_O

I was on the terrace of a small house (about 15 meters) and the wind was unstable when suddenly my Tello started to drift. When trying to take it back it flew over the wall of the terrace and Tello couldn't keep the forward speed. I didn't have time to switch to fast mode and my Tello bumped on a brunch and fell on the top of a roof. :poop:

I almost lost it but I managed to fish it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv