Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Faulty bottom ir sensor?

MolecularConcept

Reaction score
If i look at my tello from yhe bottom, i can see a faint red lught comming from one of the bottom ir sensors but not the other. Am I correct in assuming that this sensor is broken? Should I contact customer service?

It fits mostly okay. It does have a slight tic in its hover. It will go hover and then like a slight jerk and then go back to hover..

I only bought mine yesterday but mine seems to have the same behavior hovering. As far as the sensor, one is the IR emitter, and the other is the IR receiver so seeing only one light is normal.

With normal eyes you won't be able to see any light from the IR emitter. Infrared light is not visible to the human eye.

I can see one on mine, I just bought it today... So its bad?? The craft has a jerking to it the whole time its hovering

Attachments

• 20180611_221522.jpg
    20180611_221522.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
It's most likely fine. Man I wish they sold the props and batteries at Wal-Mart. They have the Tello and they have the DJI Spark, Pantom even Mavic but no propellers for any of the aircraft they have for sale! My Tello been benched for like 3 weeks because of a missing prop lol.

Man I hate to hear that, I just bought it to fly inside while the weather is rainy. Don't have enough room for my big aircraft.. Amazon Prime is usually my "go to" place since free 2 day shipping. Walmart here in East Tn doesn't carry any spare parts in store either that we've seen.

Only one illuminated is normal as stated before one is the emitter and the other a receiver, and yes it is normal on low light to see a faint red glow from IR leds, whilst most of the IR emitted is invisible to the human eye (by cameras pick it up really well) a faint red glow just visable is normal.

Reactions: Paolo Djlo
Only one illuminated is normal as stated before one is the emitter and the other a receiver, and yes it is normal on low light to see a faint red glow from IR leds, whilst most of the IR emitted is invisible to the human eye (by cameras pick it up really well) a faint red glow just visable is normal.

Its not just a faint glow in low light, its very distinctive in abundant light as shown in the attached image. Thanks

Attachments

• 20180613_105759.jpg
    20180613_105759.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv