Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

First Drone

chord8

Reaction score
hi y'all...

I've had experience on flying fixed wing model aircraft & this is the first time on a quadcopter
Yesterday I saw the amazing price of $160 for a Tello Boost Combo in Harvey Norman, Brisbane
I have constantly looked at the DJi drones with wide eyes but they've always seemed too expensive
How could I resist, at that price and so close to Christmas..?

Couple of questions before I dive in, or rather take off... Do I need to update the firmware on a new model and will it then need to be re-calibrated...?

Thanks in advance
Best regards Ian

Reactions: 2ps and dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . (y)

Reactions: chord8
no need to update anything.
Recalibration only if an IMU error is reported or tello behaves strange.
Otherwise this is a "just fly" drone and not a delicate diva like the bigger ones.
Tips:
Put the phone into airplane mode, then re-activate only wifi. That gives best video & signal quality. If you fly in any wind use sport mode & fly at least 1.5m high or Tello will drift away.

Also do not fly over rivers or ponds, or at night. Tello has a camera based VPS that requires a fixed landmarks to know where it is.

Reactions: chord8
no need to update anything.
Recalibration only if an IMU error is reported or tello behaves strange.
Otherwise this is a "just fly" drone and not a delicate diva like the bigger ones.
Tips:
Put the phone into airplane mode, then re-activate only wifi. That gives best video & signal quality. If you fly in any wind use sport mode & fly at least 1.5m high or Tello will drift away.

Also do not fly over rivers or ponds, or at night. Tello has a camera based VPS that requires a fixed landmarks to know where it is.
Thanks Volatello... good advice..!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843