Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

First footage using the Tello

theRealCrazy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first drone ever and after spending time learning from this forum i finally purchased the drone and the Mi Wifi repeater.

I did this video using TelloFPV and flying up to 15meters, however at that altitude the Tello kept sending me warning of bad visual positioning and interferences.
I would love to try to go higher but when i went over 15.4meters the telloFPV froze and crashed my note8 so bad it had to reboot.
I started freaking out as the drone was hovering by itself while i was frantically trying to restart the wifi/app..etc.. and then magic happened as the Tello started to land by itself!
Anyway, i was wondering couple of things: what would be the next step to gain some altitude? should i put my repeater higher (for this test, it was 6 feet in front of me on the ground pointing up)? does the interference come from the power lines nearby?
If that's the max height it can do in this location, how could i improve the stream quality?

I suggest to get yourself a Wifi repeater, it increases your overall range dramatically

You can put your repeater a bit higher for increased range, however your range is already greatly improved when using a repeater. Not sure how to improve it even further

The interference you're experiencing is from nearby 2.4ghz wifi networks, this Wifi spectrum is extremely overpopulated and have quite a big impact on range and video stream quality.

Look for spatial distribution of signal -- for typical omnidirectional dipole antenna it's something donut-shaped, so you'd get much worse vertical range flying directly overhead. Or put your antenna sideways ;) Or use directional antenna (may be your repeater with reflecting dish, there are examples on the forum) -- but Tello's limit of 30m should be easily reached with current setup, just fly a bit sidewards.

Reactions: SLANGza
quite massive powerlines tho, i get best height when being on a feild or something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv