Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

First outdoor take off

Ansia and Guorium thanks for the advice.
i thought the propeller guards were to be removed when you fly near trees or similar... I choosed an open area for the first flight also because near the sea yesterday was a little windy.
I also noticed that in windy conditions Tello refuses to do "intelligent flight modes".

Reactions: Guorium
Ansia and Guorium thanks for the advice.
i thought the propeller guards were to be removed when you fly near trees or similar... I choosed an open area for the first flight also because near the sea yesterday was a little windy.
I also noticed that in windy conditions Tello refuses to do "intelligent flight modes".
Prop guards work as sails on a boat when flying outsite. If you take them off, the Tello will fly more stable and you will get better video.

Reactions: Guorium and ilpitz
Thanks Ansia, first step to get a better video for me is also remember ... to rec a video ;-)
Beside the necessity of a wifi repeater for better vid quality, u need to move quite slowly for good vid quality and cinematic effect, i mean real slow. And yep automated flight mode is diasabled when windy, tello even cuts my already recording vid when it suddenly gets windy (and causes vps to fail). Being not ended by me pressing stop button the vid does not get saved. Best to end the recording by yourself, seems to be an iOS problem.

Reactions: ilpitz
Beside the necessity of a wifi repeater for better vid quality, u need to move quite slowly for good vid quality and cinematic effect, i mean real slow. And yep automated flight mode is diasabled when windy, tello even cuts my already recording vid when it suddenly gets windy (and causes vps to fail). Being not ended by me pressing stop button the vid does not get saved. Best to end the recording by yourself, seems to be an iOS problem.

Thanks Guorium for the tips, every single tip really appreciated from me.
For the wifi repeater I’m providing: some days ago I’ve ordered the “classic for the tello” xiaomi wifi extender 2 and it will be with me the next Friday.
The thing that tello cuts your already recording videos when vps fails is very interesting, because I was sure to have started my recording (I even remember the min e sec of the recording going on on the screen) but then when, at the end of the flight, I searched for video on the phone and I didn’t find anything I “accused” myself for being too much excited for my first outdoor flight (it was a little windy, the sea was near, the sun in the eyes… someone stole my car! there was an earthquake! a terrible flood! Locusts!)
The only thing is that I use android so has it ever occurred to someone with android?

Thanks again

Reactions: Guorium
Thanks Guorium for the tips, every single tip really appreciated from me.
For the wifi repeater I’m providing: some days ago I’ve ordered the “classic for the tello” xiaomi wifi extender 2 and it will be with me the next Friday.
The thing that tello cuts your already recording videos when vps fails is very interesting, because I was sure to have started my recording (I even remember the min e sec of the recording going on on the screen) but then when, at the end of the flight, I searched for video on the phone and I didn’t find anything I “accused” myself for being too much excited for my first outdoor flight (it was a little windy, the sea was near, the sun in the eyes… someone stole my car! there was an earthquake! a terrible flood! Locusts!)
The only thing is that I use android so has it ever occurred to someone with android?

Thanks again
Well i guess it plagues android too then... if u ask ryze support they might as u to disable location service for the tello app. Give that ago. Didn’t work for me but might help you. Maybe reinstall then disable location.

Well i guess it plagues android too then... if u ask ryze support they might as u to disable location service for the tello app. Give that ago. Didn’t work for me but might help you. Maybe reinstall then disable location.
You understood what he was trying to say? He lost me half way.

I'm sorry to have been cryptic. I'll try to improve my english.
Don't worry about it.Your english is fine. I have ADHD, so I lose interest on things most of the time and I have to fight to stay focused.

I'm sorry mate, I hope it does not affect the affairs of your life too much
It doesn't. I have learned to deal with it without any medicine and I function perfectly fine. Thanks for the thought, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv