Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fixing Gizmo - (learning the physical craft)

Fari

Reaction score
I'm in no rush, the job is not completed yet but I feel proud nonetheless; I find soldering, chipsets and the world of physics in general intimidating.

So I'm happy that I acquired sufficient knowledge, guts and motivation to start toying with the material world.

Time to fix Gizmo. This black cable is my nemesis for tomorow, enough high emotions like that for today, I'm goin' back to FPV training, this thing is the perfect time consumer for me right now. (I had troubles removing the old motor and struggled enough for today already lol).

Peace!IMG_20201205_073604.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201202_072100.jpg
    IMG_20201202_072100.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20201202_073603.jpg
    IMG_20201202_073603.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20201204_082343.jpg
    IMG_20201204_082343.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I'm in no rush, the job is not completed yet but I feel proud nonetheless; I find soldering, chipsets and the world of physics in general intimidating.

So I'm happy that I acquired sufficient knowledge, guts and motivation to start toying with the material world.

Time to fix Gizmo. This black cable is my nemesis for tomorow, enough high emotions like that for today, I'm goin' back to FPV training, this thing is the perfect time consumer for me right now. (I had troubles removing the old motor and struggled enough for today already lol).

Peace!View attachment 6684
Looks like a nice little challenge. What is the issue you are trying to address?

Looks like a nice little challenge. What is the issue you are trying to address?
Sry, been away from computer for a few days (It's a weird feeling, not that bad though).

My main challenge had been overcome : I was wondering how to pass both wires through that tiny hole in Gizmo's armpit. I was able to pass one through with a lot a difficulties so I wondered about the second one.

Ended up that I'm probably just not used to work on phisical stuff, after thinking about it I removed the wire that I had passed through, I stripped some 2 cm on both motors wires and then I twisted both naked wires together. That way I could send the double wire in the hole after much pain (it's done now).
IMG_20201213_072301-Gizmo-maintenance.jpg

I am now waiting to have done sufficient soldering practical homework to finish the job in confidence. I know what I have to do but I need to solder some 20~50 thingies before I'll deem myself "confortable" with soldering stuff that is bond to literally fall from the sky later on.

Meanwhile I modded a bit Trashy, my active learning FPV kwad of the moment. My apartment is slowly turning into a workshop. That may very well be a good thing for 2021. I dont know yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv