Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Flying a Tello Drone without a Wifi connection

gbusma

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am working on a university project and I am wondering if the Tello drone can fly without being connected to a computer (laptop).
Basically, it should have a predefined program within itself so that at a certain time it would perform a mission (fly somewhere, perform something and return).
Might be to have a base station where the Tello drone is connected while landed there, but once the computer sends a mission to it, it will disconnect, perform the mission, land back to the base station and reconnect (and share or store the connected data on that computer).

Thank you in advance!

Hello everyone,

I am working on a university project and I am wondering if the Tello drone can fly without being connected to a computer (laptop).
Basically, it should have a predefined program within itself so that at a certain time it would perform a mission (fly somewhere, perform something and return).
Might be to have a base station where the Tello drone is connected while landed there, but once the computer sends a mission to it, it will disconnect, perform the mission, land back to the base station and reconnect (and share or store the connected data on that computer).

Thank you in advance!
I doubt it as the tello is a ( n ) wifi standard. however signal can be sent by a usb 300 mps small ;an router, or portable router from cell system also can sent from a raspberry pi. wifi. it need the commands A small micro computer like the raspberry pi zero mounted on it, migy do it. Good Luck. Let us know if you suceed.

Reactions: AIDrone and gbusma
If you only want avoid to have a "base station" like a PC to send commands, i believe you could use a very light microprocessor (ESP32) that simulate PC o smartèhone with wifi onboard, that send a sequence of commands for your mission, You put on top of Tello cover with a minimal lipo battery and send the UDP commands

Reactions: AIDrone and gbusma
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance!
You could try " drone-blocks" but will still need WIFI to transfer the data

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv