Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Follow me mode official reply from Ryze

TELLO?

Reaction score
So I got in contact with Ryze today about the possibility of the follow me mode being added and here’s their response.

Thank you for contacting Ryze Support.

I want to stress that we take this kind of feedback seriously and thank you for bringing this to our attention. It ensures that your concern is addressed and we can continue improving your Ryze experience.

Our R & D Department is continuously working on developing our products and hopefully, this options will be added soon.

Please bear with us on this matter.
Regards,

Christian
Ryze Technical Support

Seems like a generic response but it wasn’t a no not in a million years response. We know by all the hard work that’s being done decoding the tello on here that it should be possible, but would be awesome to have it as an official release. I have the feeling they will go the Apple route on this and release it on the next iteration exclaiming what awesome new stuff the tello 2 can do!

I tell ya what, if they just slide it onto the Tello1 as an app/firmware upgrade i'll be delighted.
I would be surprised if they manage it without gps though.
unless they use the delta change of the phones position as a 'move' vector for the Tello

Reactions: Magoo582
The new JJRC drone does it pretty well and it’s only £40! It’s all software based and DJI is obviously holding back on some of the development.

I tell ya what, if they just slide it onto the Tello1 as an app/firmware upgrade i'll be delighted.
unless they use the delta change of the phones position as a 'move' vector for the Tello

Well, my understanding is that the integrated Movidius VPU chip is able to do this by its own, only relying on video.

I hope they can do the update in Tello 1.

TBH, I'm not going to sell my Tello 1 for Tello 2 only for a "Follow Me" mode. Or if keep it, 99$ + 99$ for follow me mode? Nah.

Put some extra money and patience in, I could get a Basic Spark which can track me down.

Reactions: Icemanwbs
So, the DJI Osmo mobile uses an app for “follow me” type feature. Works well. The brains for follow me can be in the device...just thinking out loud.

Definitely see other members they made some other controller app for tello.
Example: Atello pilot-but not free ...

Atello- best control for me.. better than original tello app
And its awesomely FREE

A year later and still nothing , really Tello ? I need the follow me feature for the summer to take on my biking adventures please work on this and i will buy 12 more tello's from you , thanks

Yes please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv