Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Full Flight Artsy Style ~ 12min

Fari

Reaction score
I've been flying only for a month. I tried to give my software the best configuration for video quality recently. I do not have a device that repeat my own wifi link (lots of wifi interferences expected in downtown). I also exported in best quality possible after doing some tests. The vid is heavy but I upload it only once and then folks watch it through streaming, if it is seen enough then I'm satisfied with the ressources taken in the process. I guess. It's a new world out there. Piloted with a wired controller while moving around, not FPV.

+ Battery limit is set at 12% in Tello FPV, the landing is a forced landing after resisting as long as I could (while hovering a safe landing space).
+ I fly without propeler guards
+ Gizmo had been promoted, he's got a new armored shiny skin. I should find a reliable way to weigh it.
+ time powered on was 12:48 (sorry I forgot how much battery I had left, not enough to fly).
+ time flying & shooting is 12:32 (auto start cam on takeoff is set)

Do not hesitate to take up my challenge of the longest possible flights with a Tello.

I'm gettin' proud of myself now. I'll be working on that anartist process in the next weeks.

This all leads to a thinking about aesthetics... To be continued.

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_180622.jpg
    IMG_20200803_180622.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
My maximum recorded flight time is: 12:43

Maximum speed 8.3m / s distance traveled 1551.6 meters. Sport Mode
Temperature: 22c °
wind 5 km / h

AUTOMATIC LANDING OF BATTERY 8%

flight without propeller protection (-10 grams) but now I have added a Tag Tracker (+ 5 grams) for a takeoff weight of 84 grams.
my endurance tests are not with tello in hovering but flying in sport mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fari
My maximum recorded flight time is: 12:43

Maximum speed 8.3m / s distance traveled 1551.6 meters. Sport Mode
Temperature: 22c °
wind 5 km / h

AUTOMATIC LANDING OF BATTERY 8%

flight without propeller protection (-10 grams) but now I have added a Tag Tracker (+ 5 grams) for a takeoff weight of 84 grams.
my endurance tests are not with tello in hovering but flying in sport mode.

Do you turn your camera on ?

during my flights, I always make a screen recording, I start recording the video only if I have a movie to do .... but I usually fly in sport mode without making videos.
I never run out of batteries below 15%. only 2-3 times per test I brought the charge below 10% .. I set an alarm at 25% and I land at 16-17% with almost always 10-11 minutes of flight. after each flight, my batteries are stored at 3.85 volts / c

Last edited:
I've been flying only for a month. I tried to give my software the best configuration for video quality recently. I do not have a device that repeat my own wifi link (lots of wifi interferences expected in downtown). I also exported in best quality possible after doing some tests. The vid is heavy but I upload it only once and then folks watch it through streaming, if it is seen enough then I'm satisfied with the ressources taken in the process. I guess. It's a new world out there. Piloted with a wired controller while moving around, not FPV.

+ Battery limit is set at 12% in Tello FPV, the landing is a forced landing after resisting as long as I could (while hovering a safe landing space).
+ I fly without propeler guards
+ Gizmo had been promoted, he's got a new armored shiny skin. I should find a reliable way to weigh it.
+ time powered on was 12:48 (sorry I forgot how much battery I had left, not enough to fly).
+ time flying & shooting is 12:32 (auto start cam on takeoff is set)

Do not hesitate to take up my challenge of the longest possible flights with a Tello.

I'm gettin' proud of myself now. I'll be working on that anartist process in the next weeks.

This all leads to a thinking about aesthetics... To be continued.
Hello

I like what you are doing. could you explain more the equipment such as controller type and cabling, and software used. Thanks.

Hello

I like what you are doing. could you explain more the equipment such as controller type and cabling, and software used. Thanks.
Thanks!

IMG_20200804_074403.jpg
Logitech generic wired controller. I wanted to try the feeling of a gaming controller and I already had that one. Plug and play with Tello FPV.

I connect the gaming controller with my phone (Huawei P20 lite - specs) using a USB to micro usb C adapter.

I cliped my phone on me and did not look at it during the realisation of this vid. I ensured I wouldnt accidently click buttons. Gizmo freeze if phone app link is cut.

I'd like to develop a good way to have my monitor accessible when needed while shooting around.

A solution to have the monitor when needed could be the VisorX
lower the visor when looking at the monitor.

visor x.jpg

I made another one with the "Full Flight" constraints.

Once again I patched 3 songs on it to get a 12 min video of a sunrise with a flying Gizmo.

Once again I'm kinda proud and surprise by the positive effects of the process.

Even in the diffusion to YouTube part I had 2 of the songs that triggered copyright claims (I had published the 3 parts of the video in individual parts of medium quality in the production process earlier). That's new to me, Youtube offered a way to replace the claimed music from it's own library. So I got the second and third songs from Youtube lib, you can download theses straight from there and reuse these in your local video editor. I was happy to learn that.

I took quite some time fitting the images and the beat and observing the whole thing. Maybe 5 hours of production work.

Uploaded in high quality, vid weight 1.2Gb, that is annoying. It's better streamed than dowloaded. That is also part of the process. It gives quite some time to put on a good description while it uploads.

I wrote down some understanding keys, it was helpfull for me to write it down so I may as well publish it, that is part of the video description on Youtube.

--

Code:
0:00 :==: Part 1 : Soul

Audio : [ P.R2B  - Des Rêves ] J'ai eu un coup de foudre pour cette chanson, suivez l'artiste ici : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWaeMm0cK45i0lYB0GB5IhQ
[@P.R2B - respect du Qc, cette chanson me touche profondément, maintenant que je sais que t'existe je te suis! ]
0:01 * Takeoff and ambiance. I like the Sunrise backlighting  | Décollage et ambiance contre jour Soleil levant.
1:07 * This is not a mistake. The text is important. | Ce n'est pas une erreure. Le texte est important.
3:09 * Nice matrix glitch
3:28 * Sun's up it's 6:30AM in Quebec City at that moment 20-08-13 | Lever du soleil a 6:30h du mat sur Qc. 
3:45 * There is no cut in time, even though the fade may let you think so. | Il n'y a pas de coupure de temps malgré la présence du fondu.

3:47 :==: Part 2 : Body

[Black Magic by Nana Kwabena] YouTube lib pick after copyright claim on original draft attempt. | Trouvé dans la lib de Youtube après avoir reçu un cossin de copyright.
4:15 - 4:18 * Just fantastic. According to my taste. | Tout simplement fantastique. Selon mon goût.
4:45 * Yup, I landed. I do what I want. See that awesome tiny rock getting blown back ? | Ouaip, atterrissage, je fais ce que je veux, tu vois le mini caillou qui se fait souffler ?
5:10 * Black magic | Magie noire
5:29 - 5:40 * Light Dance | Danse de la lumière
( 5:50  ~ 5:55 ) * It's not your phone; it's mine saying that Gizmo's Vision Positioning System (VPS) is confused.
6:00 * I like playing with shadows.
6:25 * I like this Tree and this Plan | J'aime cet arbre et ce plan
7:20 * Fade is a remaining of a previous work that had been abandoned. I kept it when I realized it managed to slip through deletion. | Le fondue a échappé à la destruction par hasard pi j'ai décidé de le garder ensuite.
8:20 * The rising sun in the background is really cool. 12 minutes is a long time during sunrise. Le lever du soleil en background est vraiment cool je trouve. C'est long 12 minutes.

7:32 Part 3 :==: Spirit
[That Part by Diamond Ortiz] YouTube lib pick after copyright claim on original draft attempt. I like the fact that the production process is part of the artistic process. | Trouvé dans la lib de Youtube après avoir reçu un cossin de copyright. J'aime le fait que le processus de prod affecte le processus artistique.
8:54 * VPS lost again, ambient lighting ans fast change of hard to recognize surface underneat Gizmo is probable responsible.
10:00 - 10:10 * Awesome (unintentional of course) bus follow and wifi glitch matching the beat. | Trop cool le suivis du bus pi le glitch wifi ben posé avec le beat.
11:05 * Battery low Warning starts | Batterie low warning tsé.
11:36 * Landing in the Awoken Sun | On se pose dans un rayon tout frais.

--

Cheers!

Reactions: Bruchpilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv