Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Going forward .

4x4

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Tello going forward. It seems to go a lot slower moving forward than any other direction. Can anyone offer any suggestions to sort this issue out .
Thanks 4x4.

I have a problem with my Tello going forward. It seems to go a lot slower moving forward than any other direction. Can anyone offer any suggestions to sort this issue out .
Thanks 4x4.
How high were you when you had this problem?

Great ok I will try again latter to day and see how I go.
Thanks

That's the reason. The lower you fly, the slower it will fly forwards.
doubt that is the issue, tello height meter displayes 1.1m or above it is responsive. no speed limit. Lower than that it is slowed in all directions. I mean it is a quad, should be equally fast in all directions. OP reported slowed forward direction. So either OP made a mistake and it was slower in all directions or there was just wind coming from the forward direction.

doubt that is the issue, tello height meter displayes 1.1m or above it is responsive. no speed limit. Lower than that it is slowed in all directions. I mean it is a quad, should be equally fast in all directions. OP reported slowed forward direction. So either OP made a mistake and it was slower in all directions or there was just wind coming from the forward direction.
You just contradicted what I just said, and yet gave no solution to the OP. I gave a possible solution, perhaps it's right, perhaps it's wrong. It's all part of the troubleshooting process. I don't mind the debate, but please contribute a possible solution when you disagree. Saying others are wrong won't fix the issue.

Reactions: davemgood
I have also noticed my drone will slow down under low light conditions. I am using TelloFPV and I seem to notice it mostly when using the V (video) mode. I think everything is OK when using the S (sport) mode. I fly my Tello mostly indoors and there are lots of obstacles, so going a little slower is not a problem.

You just contradicted what I just said, and yet gave no solution to the OP. I gave a possible solution, perhaps it's right, perhaps it's wrong. It's all part of the troubleshooting process. I don't mind the debate, but please contribute a possible solution when you disagree. Saying others are wrong won't fix the issue.
I gave him a solution (or two). Read again. :) I see something I think that makes no sense I point it out. A false solution helps nobody, not any better than no solution. Just trying to help people troubleshoot too, no need to get pissy.

I gave him a solution (or two). Read again. :) I see something I think that makes no sense I point it out. A false solution helps nobody, not any better than no solution. Just trying to help people troubleshoot too, no need to get pissy.
I don't see the solution.

I don't see the solution.
It is “Flying into the wind is gonna make forward motion slow.” And “You made a mistake and it is slow in all direction. Fly higher to avoid speed limit”. The second one was suggested by you too (except for the you made a mistake part). ?

Well honestly I didn't consider the possibility of the wind, since it was not posted by OP. I do can say that at 1.1m my Tello goes forwards slowly, although yaw and roll work as normal. As I Throttle to a higher altitude, this problem goes away. Perhaps your Tello flies differently than mine, but I only speak with my experiences.

Well honestly I didn't consider the possibility of the wind, since it was not posted by OP. I do can say that at 1.1m my Tello goes forwards slowly, although yaw and roll work as normal. As I Throttle to a higher altitude, this problem goes away. Perhaps your Tello flies differently than mine, but I only speak with my experiences.
Must be

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843