Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Got a Tello on sale. Fun

Chuck Bridges

Reaction score
Hello from Southern Alberta:

I picked up a Tello from my local London Drugs. They gave me the before Christmas price of $99 Canadian, down from $129. So far, it seems like a fun little UAV or, sorry Transport Canada, RPAS. At 80 grams, does not need registration. I usually fly Yuneec products, got a Typhoon Q500 4K I picked up in 2016 and a Typhoon H I just picked up on sale. I picked the Tello due to the good reports I have read and viewed on YouTube. I have only flown it about 10 times, but so far, I am impressed. The photos are nice, the video seems to need a little more light than is available in my living room. The drone is fairly stable when I let go of the "sticks" on my phone. I haven't tried to fly it outside yet, due to winds in the 80 to 100 km/h range. Everything I read, and common sense tells me it would end up in the next town.

Having fun, looking forward to taking it on our cross-Canada trip we are planning since it can be flown close to us for selfies.

Good, and safe flying to all, regardless of your drone of preference.

Reactions: dirkclod
It is quite impressive for the size of it. Does quite well outside providing the winds are not that strong. The gaming remote makes it much nicer to fly.

I haven't tried to fly it outside yet, due to winds in the 80 to 100 km/h range. Everything I read, and common sense tells me it would end up in the next .
It would be fun it you could record that long journey. And call it "The Little Tello that Could"

It is quite impressive for the size of it. Does quite well outside providing the winds are not that strong. The gaming remote makes it much nicer to fly.
Actually I often find using a mid-sized tablet, and enlarged onscreen joystick more enjoyable than external controllers. Just doesn't work with VR yet.

I use a Samsung Note 3. I have also installed the app on my Nexus 7, but it doesn't seem as stable on that tablet. Might pick up an inexpensive tablet to use with it later. Learn what is can do and how to fly it safely first, then expand my hardware. (Being a geek with 5 laptops and 3 desktops, a new tablet might be a tough sell with the wife.)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
(y)

I use a Samsung Note 3. I have also installed the app on my Nexus 7, but it doesn't seem as stable on that tablet. Might pick up an inexpensive tablet to use with it later. Learn what is can do and how to fly it safely first, then expand my hardware. (Being a geek with 5 laptops and 3 desktops, a new tablet might be a tough sell with the wife.)
Check the alternative apps. TelloFpv and aTelloPilot both should run well on the N7 (at least if its a 2nd gen). Cheaper and quicker than a new tabet.

Reactions: xcrost
Actually I often find using a mid-sized tablet, and enlarged onscreen joystick more enjoyable than external controllers. Just doesn't work with VR yet.
What VR? LMAO :ROFLMAO::D:cool: just kidding I'm being patient ;)

Hello from Southern Alberta:

I picked up a Tello from my local London Drugs. They gave me the before Christmas price of $99 Canadian, down from $129. So far, it seems like a fun little UAV or, sorry Transport Canada, RPAS. At 80 grams, does not need registration. I usually fly Yuneec products, got a Typhoon Q500 4K I picked up in 2016 and a Typhoon H I just picked up on sale. I picked the Tello due to the good reports I have read and viewed on YouTube. I have only flown it about 10 times, but so far, I am impressed. The photos are nice, the video seems to need a little more light than is available in my living room. The drone is fairly stable when I let go of the "sticks" on my phone. I haven't tried to fly it outside yet, due to winds in the 80 to 100 km/h range. Everything I read, and common sense tells me it would end up in the next town.

Having fun, looking forward to taking it on our cross-Canada trip we are planning since it can be flown close to us for selfies.

Good, and safe flying to all, regardless of your drone of preference.

Hello Chuck,

Nice getting the deal, I ordered one from Walmart.ca as the are 99 bucks as well....that was the 21st....supposed to be here tomorrow.....but irritatingly it hasn't shipped yet.....my local( Langley BC) London drugs has 5 in stock at 129.....thinking about trying to get the Xmas price myself and cancel Walmart

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv